Status
Not open for further replies.
581 - 600 of 710 Posts

·
Registered
Keep things simple
261 Posts
Am I safe?
I suspect the need to revisit or reinforce personal hygiene practices.
Back that up with keeping the immune system optimized.
Shots or masks help, as an aid to better health.
Covid seems to be a singular problem to talk/agonize about but consider all the other attacks on our health [choose the affliction]. I think we can be sure those items are still there.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I suspect the need to revisit or reinforce personal hygiene practices.
Back that up with keeping the immune system optimized.
Shots or masks help, as an aid to better health.
Covid seems to be a singular problem to talk/agonize about but consider all the other attacks on our health [choose the affliction]. I think we can be sure those items are still there.
For sure. I had my 6 month oncology follow up appointment at 9:00 am last friday and my 2nd moderna shot at noon.

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
I got my 2nd shot of Moderna 4 weeks ago. STILL no side effects.
Am I safe?
Sure....if you think you are. Odds are you were fine before and you’d still be fine if you didn’t elect to get the experimental vaccine. We’ll get back to you in a few years and let you know. In the meantime, get in line for your vaccine boosters for the South African, UK and Brazilian variants. News out just today that the South African variant was able to “break through” the Pfizer vaccine.

·
Registered
494 Posts
News out just today that the South African variant was able to “break through” the Pfizer vaccine.
Anytime an infection occurs despite vaccination it's called a breakthrough. All the vaccines allow this to varying degrees with all the variants. In every study I've seen though, vaccination significantly decreases the risk of severe disease regardless of the variant (so far). If we wait another couple of years before widespread vaccination, though, I'm sure the happy human petri dishes will manage to breed up a truly resistant variant.

·
always licking the glass
2,658 Posts
I'll be so happy once this is all over. (Don't deal well with needles). Every 5 minutes it seems there are pictures on the news or in the internet. I'm over it. :(

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
As long as there’s a huge group of people unwilling to get vaccines, this will continue to be a problem. Like you, I’m also over it and also don’t deal well with needles.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
When Dr. Ryan Cole starts with "I have no agenda", you should raise your eyebrows. Idaho is not the same as everywhere else, and his statistics and methodology are not applicable everywhere. My wife, who works in a virology lab, has done nothing but COVID tests for the past 14 months. 1200 a night herself, 5 days a week, so do the math yourself. Her statistics and data are not the same as Dr. Cole's. All this is here in MI, and can't be compared to other places. We were doing so well, and now we are out of control even with the vaccinations on the increase. I do not mean to imply that Dr. Cole is purposefully misleading people like Scott Atlas was, but Idaho is very different in many ways than other states.

·
Registered
Keep things simple
261 Posts
. All this is here in MI, and can't be compared to other places. We were doing so well, and now we are out of control even with the vaccinations on the increase. I do not mean to imply that Dr. Cole is purposefully misleading people like Scott Atlas was, but Idaho is very different in many ways than other states.
We concur. My wife (a bookkeeper by trade) has given up on watching statistics. Nothing is standardized, numbers do not add up or can be balance sheet justified.

Misinformation rules anymore. Anything that causes fear and anxiety prevails.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Got my #2nd moderna the other day. Woke up early with body chills, which persisted throughout the night, followed by a slight headache and bodyaches. The fun lasted about 36 hours.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Moderna #2 about 50 hours ago. So far side effects are no big deal. Arm soreness, feeling a bit achy and out of it the next day, but pretty normal today. Nothing worth dreading.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Sure....if you think you are. Odds are you were fine before and you’d still be fine if you didn’t elect to get the experimental vaccine. We’ll get back to you in a few years and let you know. In the meantime, get in line for your vaccine boosters for the South African, UK and Brazilian variants. News out just today that the South African variant was able to “break through” the Pfizer vaccine.
Experimental? Oh boy...

581 - 600 of 710 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.