·
Disgruntled Peccary
1,654 Posts
Correlation != causation

Reactions: thegock

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
How is it in your country? I am a Canadian, 63, healthy and will probably be eligible soon.
I am thinking of first getting tested to know if i had covid.
Do they just vaccine or test you first?

·
since 4/10/2009
31,442 Posts
That sucks to hear and why a healthy person like me (46 years old) who hasn't had the flu in 22 years has no business or reason the get the vaccine RIGHT NOW.
there are potential side effects for anything. Tylenol is a drug with particularly nasty side effects that people don't think twice about. not to mention, we have zero evidence that the vaccine caused anything. it's possible, but no proof.

AND, there's every reason for those young and healthy to get vaccinated ASAP. because young and healthy people are more social, they're more mobile, and more of them are still working. so they have a higher likelihood of spreading the virus around if they get it. so get the damn vaccine when you can so we can move past this thing.

·
Registered
116 Posts
First dose of Moderna, no problems slight headache sore arm..
2nd dose put my 53 yr old wife in bed with flu like chills for a day then she felt great.
I have been dealing with severe headaches and lightheaded or dizziness for a few days.60yrs old

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,869 Posts
Yes, staying out of the sun will make you sick. Doctors tell you to stay in the shade so they can make more money. It's all a scam.

JFC.

·
always licking the glass
2,658 Posts
My wife and I got our 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday. Both of us feel fine this morning. Had a little soreness yesterday in our upper arms and I still feel some of that today, but that's it so far. No flu like symptoms. Both of us are 56 years old, fwiw.
Good to hear. Did you react at all to the first one?

·
Registered
Keep things simple
261 Posts
I have many people (at least 12+) that are in various stages of all 3 vaccines. So far some minor sides here and there. Nobody really mentioning if they can 100% say if their vaccine is the culprit of anything other than a sore arm-no definitive way to tell, I guess.

Wife says vaccine sides can’t be any worse than the sides they talk about at the end of a pill commercial. -got that right.

I had some related or non related post vaccine chills, wife nothing.

·
Registered
Keep things simple
261 Posts
I am thinking of first getting tested to know if i had covid.
Why? Required in Canada? I know people who have had Covid then test negative later on.
May as well get tested for other stuff too.:)

·
9 lives
15,949 Posts

My husband got his first dose of the covid vaccine (Moderna) on his birthday last weekend. Like myself, no side effects other than a sore arm. The vaccine has not slowed him down :)

I received my first dose (Pfizer) December 23, 2020 and second one a few weeks later. I've had no issues, continue to work FT and play.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Im 57 got the Astra a few days ago and was tired the day after with a bit of sore arm but that's it. Had a hard ride 3 days after.

Reactions: cyclelicious

·
Registered
139 Posts
Good to hear. Did you react at all to the first one?
Got our shots at 730am both times, and we both felt tired that evening after the 1st shot. We also got text message reminders for our appointments at 430am so sleep was a bit interrupted. It's hard to say whether the way we felt had anything to do with the vaccines or were just caused by lack of sleep.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've had no issues, continue to work FT and play.
I’ve had no issues, continue to work FT and play. I’ve passed up the shot many times and feel no need to get the experiment at THIS time.

My brother who travels for work, received his first shot 3-30 and was Covid + on 4-10 after being COVID tested in those 12 days. Unlike most if not all of you, my brother is tested weekly for work(sometimes more) depending on when he travels from City to City/ job to job.

My point is, you’re not always right and not always wrong whether you decide to get the vaccine or not. To point a finger and scold someone who decides not to get the shot and treat/ speak to them as they are a child when you NO nothing about them is Ridiculous .

·
I am Walt
6,320 Posts
56 here; had COVID in November, with mild symptoms.

Got Moderna #1 five weeks ago, at about midday. Shoulder was quite sore, and I had moderate fatigue, aches and chills through the next day. Woke up the second morning after feeling 100%. Moderna #2 last week, with pretty much the same effects.

I'm otherwise fit and healthy, with no co-morbidities. I didn't think twice about getting the shot, nor did I worry about it.

My wife, age 53, gets Pfizer #1 tomorrow, after having had COVID in February.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
always licking the glass
2,658 Posts
I had a slight headache, the wife had no issues with the 1st

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Cool. My first one was 2 weeks ago. With my asthma and having a past history of pneumonia, i was really happy to get this. I had a flu like reaction for the first 18 hours, then a headache and fatigue on and off.

561 - 580 of 710 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.