Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have succes with a particular setup. Currently have a older gamut "boomerang" style, but because it is a BB mount, there is still a gap between the chain and actual chainguide so the chain still pops off occasionally. Pissin me off.... :madman:

Attachments

·
Registered
642 Posts
bmbass said:
Anyone have succes with a particular setup. Currently have a older gamut "boomerang" style, but because it is a BB mount, there is still a gap between the chain and actual chainguide so the chain still pops off occasionally. Pissin me off.... :madman:
Run a BB mount adapter for ISCG tabs then run any ISCG guide. That way you have the standard ISCG interface to add spacers to and fine tune the position.

Good luck!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Option 1: Drill and tap (or bolt, double sided tape, etc...) a piece of ABS plastic onto the backplate adjacent to the chain to take up the space that the chain is falling into.

Option 2: Move the ring towards the guide backplate with washers.

Option 3: Do what Transition says...

·
Registered
247 Posts
Transition Bikes said:
Run a BB mount adapter for ISCG tabs then run any ISCG guide. That way you have the standard ISCG interface to add spacers to and fine tune the position.

Good luck!
i did exactly this and use one of the new e-13 srs+ guides, and it works perfect. you need to get the guide for the iscg 05 - it comes with the bb mount plate.

the bonus is, when my new 2010 covert frame arrives next week i can bolt the same guide on using the iscg tabs!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts