Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
rayray74 said:
There are some good closeout deals on several Coverts. None in my size though (medium), has anyone gone up or down a size and been comfortable? I'm 5'10" with slightly longer legs. I'm riding a med Preston now, and have to extend the seat post pretty far.
rayray,

Cam has been riding a proto for a long time now - his was a "small" that was closer in size to the production medium. He is 5'8" and loves the fit. I wouldn't suggest the small for someone 5'10" tall.

Honestly - for that model you are pretty spot on for medium territory. I would only consider a large if you wanted to be in a fairly xc riding position, but keep a short stem (50-60mm)... and even then the wheelbase would be massive for you.

·
Registered
150 Posts
covert sizing

Transition Bikes said:
rayray,

Cam has been riding a proto for a long time now - his was a "small" that was closer in size to the production medium. He is 5'8" and loves the fit. I wouldn't suggest the small for someone 5'10" tall.

Honestly - for that model you are pretty spot on for medium territory. I would only consider a large if you wanted to be in a fairly xc riding position, but keep a short stem (50-60mm)... and even then the wheelbase would be massive for you.
forgive me but I am a little bit confuse on sizing that's being given on this thread. So your xs is actually closer to small? reason why I asked is because I am looking to buy a xs for my wife and now I am afraid if still may not fit her. She's barely 5 feet tall and I was just planning on a xs frame with 50mm stem...

·
Registered
645 Posts
Pinoymr05 said:
forgive me but I am a little bit confuse on sizing that's being given on this thread. So your xs is actually closer to small? reason why I asked is because I am looking to buy a xs for my wife and now I am afraid if still may not fit her. She's barely 5 feet tall and I was just planning on a xs frame with 50mm stem...
She should be totally fine on the X-Small. The frame does run long in the top tube compared to some of our other models, but that is in part due to the use category. It is the most XC of any bike in our line, and as a result has the roomiest top tube.

Our experience shows that women right around 5' find the size of the Syren great. If you compare the geo, the X-Small covert is only a touch longer, which fits with a more pedal oriented bike.

Here is the Covert Geo: http://www.transitionbikes.com/Covert_GeometrySizing.cfm
Here is the Syren Geo: http://www.transitionbikes.com/Syren_GeometrySizing.cfm

·
Registered
150 Posts
thanks

Pinoymr05 said:
thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.