Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold my Chameleon and want another.....kicked around a DS bike but I like simple too much. I was pretty dead set on a new On One 456 then I found a nice Cove Stiffee used for about the same money. What would yall build? Im most east Texas trails but do get out and about to Colorado, NM, AR to get to more hardcore stuff.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
I'd take the On One on practical grounds.

Assuming you're talking about the 456 650b (the latest version), it's got a 30.9 seat tube and a 44mm head tube, so it's dropper and tapered fork friendly. BB clearance isn't an issue with 26in wheels either as it doesn't have much more bb drop than the old 26in frame.

The Stiffee can only fit straight steerer forks and has either a 27.2 or a 30.0 seat tube, which could make life interesting for fitting a dropper.

Then there's warranty too, it's a nice thing to have for the same money.

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
My old Stiffee has a 26.8mm seat tube. 27.2 and you can do a dropper.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im not super worried about a dropper post. I was also planning to build up a 26" bike since the deals are to be had on wheelsets and such. Wanting to build a SOLID beater bike. Im not on the bigger wheelset bandwagon....for what I do I just dont need it. I was actually looking at the 456 Evo 2 but since the matte raw finish is the same price as the 456 650b bike I might as well should go that way if I can run a 26 or 27.5 setup.

Planet X has them on for $308 right now. Is that the only place to buy them? Also looking at sizing. Im 5-10 and 205# with 34" inseam. Im longer legged and normal torso....only wear a L tshirt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts