Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a freeride frame pretty soon and I have pretty much decided on a cove but not which frame. The G-spot got rave reviews here but there aren't any reviews of the hooker. I know that they are somewhat similar. They both pivot around the bb which I like. My problem is I don't know if I need six inches of travel but don't want to get the Hooker and find out that it doesn't have enough travel.

I am currently riding an Azonic DS1 with a Psylo(which will be replaced after the frame). My plan is to maybe do some downhilling next season on the Arkansas series but I'm really interested in Mountain cross and dual slalom.

Any suggestions, advice, soapbox rants are appreciated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Get the G-Spot

I just bought a Cove G-Spot this season. I'm riding the North Shore in Vancouver about three times a week. The bike is great.

The Hooker is more of an XC bike. I could probably handle light freeriding, but is not really meant for it. The G-Spot is a tough bike. I'm very happy with mine. There are lots of them on the Shore, and for good reason. They work well.

I build mine up on the smaller side. Marzocchi Z150FR (coil not air) in the front, 5th element coil for the rear. Chris King wheels and headset. Race face, Thomson and SRAM X.9. I'm very happy.

If you're a lighter person, and want more of a trail bike, get the Hooker. If you want to ride lots of freeride, get the G-Spot. More importantly than travel, the G-Spot has an excellent geometry for that style of riding. All that said, I can still pedal uphill very well, thanks to the 5th element.

Hope this helps,
Dave

·
Registered
798 Posts
Ditto What He said :) ...

·
a'buh?
635 Posts
get the g-spot...you'd hate to realize in half a year that the Hooker wasn't enough bike for you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts