Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
(slight return)
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went over to the Nationals at Infineon Raceway yesterday and took a few pictures. Here's a couple of my favorites...

1) Eric Carter taking the national title from Brian Lopes
2) Tara Llanes in the lead ot the women's final, seconds before getting run off course
3, 4) Unknown riders in the non-pro downhill.

-slide

Attachments

·
Registered
11,763 Posts
That 1st pics cool

slide mon said:
I went over to the Nationals at Infineon Raceway yesterday and took a few pictures. Here's a couple of my favorites...

1) Eric Carter taking the national title from Brian Lopes
2) Tara Llanes in the lead ot the women's final, seconds before getting run off course
3, 4) Unknown riders in the non-pro downhill.

-slide
So was it real HOT?

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
'Sup Everyone...

Been laying down, heat got to me, been sick since getting home, but saw this and had to put this in:

Brian was sporting a ice bag on Thursday afternoon and Friday. You know it had to play into the finals, but he still made a strong effort and showed why he's so good. As far as my pics, well, in my nauseated state, I left my memory cards, 2 of 'em, in a plastic bag, on the final stretch of the downhill. If you've found 'em, please let me know.

:thumbsup: Obi..

p.s. If anyone's seen or found my photo cards I left behind near the finish, get in touch asap!!

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=2062050#post2062050

·
(slight return)
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Obi-one, here's a shot of Carter and Lopes going into the first left hand corner. Carter definitely got the jump on him off the start. I couldn't see the finish but sounded like Brian was closing the gap on the final stretch.

BTW, if you or anyone else was on the downhill between 11:30 and 12:30 on Sat., let me know your number, maybe I got a shot of you.

JRM, to tell the truth, I was sick as a dog and couldn't speak while I was there. I was barely breathing, didn't ride and was doped up on cold medicine. It didn't feel hot to me at all.

-slide

Attachments

·
-_-
4,749 Posts
slide mon said:
Obi-one, here's a shot of Carter and Lopes going into the first left hand corner. Carter definitely got the jump on him off the start. I couldn't see the finish but sounded like Brian was closing the gap on the final stretch.

BTW, if you or anyone else was on the downhill between 11:30 and 12:30 on Sat., let me know your number, maybe I got a shot of you.

JRM, to tell the truth, I was sick as a dog and couldn't speak while I was there. I was barely breathing, didn't ride and was doped up on cold medicine. It didn't feel hot to me at all.

-slide
Yep, that was probably my lazy butt laying sideways at the bottom, frying my brain in the heat. Sorry to hear you were feeling bad, I would've handed you one of those [email protected]'s I had. I'm not too worried about privacy as far as the pics, worst case you got me when I slipped in the grass, pickin' my nose(no, but still sounds funny, huh), or when I was ducking off the sideline. Either way no worries, I'd like to see what you got, post away, no harm, no foul. :thumbsup:

I'm still hoping my mem cards show up. Way rookie of me to do that. :madman: There were some decent shots in there from Fri/Sat...sigh.

~So you were right at the corner of the drops, huh? Good spot, i chose a bit differently since there was a few peeps up there. Too crowded for me.

~Any good "Yard Sale" shots?? There was more than one of 'em.

~Is that the Hub Crew with the cam in the #6 post??

·
Flyin Canine
2,274 Posts
slide mon said:

-slide
Hey that's sweet, I was on course right around 11:30. White, black, and blue jersey, grey helemt, plate number 1441. If you have a pic that would be great. Thanks

·
(slight return)
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
shanedawg said:
Hey that's sweet, I was on course right around 11:30. White, black, and blue jersey, grey helemt, plate number 1441. If you have a pic that would be great. Thanks
Hey, I'll check them out in the next day or two and post a pic back here if I have one. Best pix are from the end of the morning session around clsoer to 12:30, but there may be a couple good ones in there from earlier.

-slide

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.