Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been running the bontrager connection trail tires. i'm looking to upgrade. i do a lot of riding in the woods with loose dirt and sticks. i also ride a trail near my school that is very muddy all the time. I also do ride on the road to get to one of my favorite trails. i was wondering if you had any suggestions as to what i should buy. I was also wondering if you need specific wheels for tubless tires. thanks for your input

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
trailblazer said:
ive been running the bontrager connection trail tires. i'm looking to upgrade. i do a lot of riding in the woods with loose dirt and sticks. i also ride a trail near my school that is very muddy all the time. I also do ride on the road to get to one of my favorite trails. i was wondering if you had any suggestions as to what i should buy. I was also wondering if you need specific wheels for tubless tires. thanks for your input
Almost anything is going to be better than the Connection on dirt/trails. You are not going to find a tire that works well in mud AND on pavement.

Yes, you need UST rims to use UST tires as designed. I do not recommend Do It Yourself (DIY) tubeless.

You may want to do a search of this board for details.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
trailblazer said:
do you suggest getting tubless tires with the money in mind, granted i would have to get rims and tires, or should i just get a better pair of tires for mud and trails
You do not need tubeless. Stick with standard tires and tubes. You have more tire choices and at much lower prices.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts