Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building up a rigid single speed Vassago Jabberwocky with mostly stuff from the parts bin and had a couple of random questions, hope you don't mind answering. I've got 170 or 175 cranks, what do yall ride? Is a 26 mm clamp/ handlebar okay (maybe just not as stiff as 31?)? What size stem? (I know a lot of it is preference, but I'm 6', 32" inseam, medium frame, just looking for ideas). What size gear do you all typically run? Thinking about a cane creek s-3 headset and a budget shimano bb (if not a refreshed parts bin bb). Lastly, I'll probably go with a Salsa grand 29er fork, unless anybody recommends something else or has something to sell.
Thanks a bunch!

·
SS Pusher Man
7,623 Posts
At your height.....175mm cranks, especially on a SS. 6' and you are getting a medium frame? Might be a tad small, especially while standing and pedaling.

25.4 bar is fine......but everybody is trying to standardize road and mountain to 31.8.

Stem size depends.....again, refer to my comment above about the medium frame.

Headset: go with what you can afford.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.