Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just built up my new 07 MKIII which is sweet.
The fox shock is really plush and the hardware is the such a good move from I.H.

1:How exactly should I set the shock up?
I am guessing its just a case of getting the corect sag?
I have set it up with what looks like 25% sag but the bike seems to be going through its travel pretty fast.
If this were on my old MKIII I would just increase the IFP chamber on the 5th but obviously this is not an option on the float. (im not knocking the float it feels really plush)
I have only ridden the bike around the shop and the street outside as there is too much snow for off road dutys. I think I might be suffering from some form of cabin feaver:(

2: Why is this bike not called a MK4 hollowpoint.

3: Why does it snow when I build a new bike.

Oh for those wanting to know. Full bike weighs in at 29lbs. I am going to change the pedals though as my Bonty flats weigh 1.4lbs!

·
Industry Loudmouth
964 Posts
klunky said:
I have set it up with what looks like 25% sag but the bike seems to be going through its travel pretty fast.
As you noted, parking lot vs trail will have a totally different feel. We're recommending 25% sag for the 07's w/ the Fox shocks.

klunky said:
2: Why is this bike not called a MK4 hollowpoint.
This is considered tweaking of an existing platform vs creation of something entirely new (MkI = FSR, MkII = 1st gen dw-link, MkIII = 05-07)

klunky said:
3: Why does it snow when I build a new bike.
Mother nature is a skank?

-ska todd

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
ska todd said:
As you noted, parking lot vs trail will have a totally different feel. We're recommending 25% sag for the 07's w/ the Fox shocks.

This is considered tweaking of an existing platform vs creation of something entirely new (MkI = FSR, MkII = 1st gen dw-link, MkIII = 05-07)

Mother nature is a skank?

-ska todd
mother nature is a silky sweet fine piece of A!
Have some respek Todd ;)

Klunky the 07 looks ill-matic. great build as well

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
klunky said:
On the RP23 which is similar I run the rebound full fast / you should have 1/2" for 25% sag. I use 9/16" to 5/8" which helps to get into the last 1/4" of travel. You shouldn't need to spend as much time trying to find the sweet spot as compared to the fifth..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.