Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a new 2007 Recon SL recently. I got it installed this weekend, all went well, except the fork seems to have a few millimeters of play in it. In other words, if I lift up on the handlebars, the lower part of the fork will drop a few millimeters. It seems to be riding fine otherwise. Any ideas what this could be?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Straz85 said:
I picked up a new 2007 Recon SL recently. I got it installed this weekend, all went well, except the fork seems to have a few millimeters of play in it. In other words, if I lift up on the handlebars, the lower part of the fork will drop a few millimeters. It seems to be riding fine otherwise. Any ideas what this could be?

Thanks!
Sounds like your fork is sagging under the weight of the bike.

That is normal, but I am a tiny bit surprised given that you haven't broken it in.

Did you set up the air pressure to your weight?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One correction, the fork is an 08, not an 07.

CharacterZero said:
Sounds like your fork is sagging under the weight of the bike.

That is normal, but I am a tiny bit surprised given that you haven't broken it in.

Did you set up the air pressure to your weight?
I did set the pressure. It doesn't seem like sagging though, it almost feels "loose". You can actually hear a bit of a rattle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.