Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '98 Yeti AS-3 XC. Don't ride as much as I used to, and have put on a little weight (currently 205 lbs). The coil on the coupedeluxe reads 2x350. I know this isn't heavy duty enough for my weight, but I don't want to spend loads on a replacement shock. Suggestions?

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
itry2hide said:
I have a '98 Yeti AS-3 XC. Don't ride as much as I used to, and have put on a little weight (currently 205 lbs). The coil on the coupedeluxe reads 2x350. I know this isn't heavy duty enough for my weight, but I don't want to spend loads on a replacement shock. Suggestions?
Replacing the spring is your cheapest option (~$20 or so), assuming the shock is still functioning fine. As long as the 2" travel length is the same, almost all rear shock springs are compatible. If your LBS happens to have a good selection of springs, you might have the luxury of trying them on your bike to find the correct spring for your weight. If you're just a little too heavy for the current spring, 2x400 should work, but it depends on your current sag, preload etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.