Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
SS Clyde 29er
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/scottypaz/sets/72157594547649658/

This past weekend's shennagans!

5th annual County Line Jamboree: As Stella calls it "the worlds dumbest bike race": a single speed only 42 mile race from Santa Cruz/San Mateo to Santa Cruz/Monterey county lines along road, rail road tracks, and the final grewling stretch about 15 miles of beach!

Attachments

·
SS Clyde 29er
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
(i edited the description just after you posted)

race...what race? the first rule of the county line jamboree is that there is no county line jamboree :D

·
just another bleepin SSer
1,457 Posts
The whole non-event looks cool. And I have never seen a SS tandem before.

·
err, 27.5+
4,928 Posts
Nice, I opted out this year in favor of not converting my bike for the ride and also to go ride trails for the day. It is easy to dismiss the punishment of this race for a multitude of reasons. Biggest one of which for me is that I don't have a ss or a hardtail worthy of converting over at current. Nice coverage :thumbsup:

·
Medium?
6,728 Posts
fire horse said:
yeaa that there's a RetroTech

nice crusier style too!
Nice, but the two guys scare me some. Aren't those Vela Bella outfits?

I'd have bad dreams after staring at that guys lycra-clad ass for whoknowshowmany miles.

·
zoip.
170 Posts
that's fresh-out-of-the-oven all-sold-out-better-luck-next-year inglis-retrotec kit. although curtis' beard is pretty intimidating, especially when it comes bearing down on your at full-tilt.

word on the street is that bike (complete with one-off WI ENO tandem cranks) was built expressly for the 2006 county line. although I suppose the handbuilt bike show was an excuse as well. it's really stinkin sweet.....

·
I am lost, I'm no guide
1,145 Posts
That was our condo in the background!

Middle one, farthest to the right. We just sold it last week! Classic... this bluff and beyond was our view!

Attachments

·
SS Clyde 29er
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
oh man, i live up the street on park just

gobike said:
Middle one, farthest to the right. We just sold it last week! Classic... this bluff and beyond was our view!
beyond the freeway near cabrillo college. don't tell me you've moved? dude, who am i going to bag WRT with now? (HAAAA! okok, just kidding.)

·
I am lost, I'm no guide
1,145 Posts
LOL! Maybe I've converted ?

fire horse said:
beyond the freeway near cabrillo college. don't tell me you've moved? dude, who am i going to bag WRT with now? (HAAAA! okok, just kidding.)
;)

Still in SCruz... Just upgraded to a house. We're living near the harbor now...:thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts