Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Pivotal figure
6,350 Posts
That was the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. No idea why I haven't done that since I live on a hill and have a big wheel just like those. I do wonder how long the wheels hold up with all the skidding though.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Its so funny when you see them pushing at the front of the lines and some of them just fly off the side of the road. They look like they are riding on wheels of toilet paper in the back ahahha

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Get your very own at your local Trek dealer. They are Trek Mods... made for kids modified for adults. They are throwing BMX bars on them to clear their knees.

The rear wheels, being plastic, are not holding very well. They get a dozen runs with them and they disintegrate.... literally. We had one dude hit the dirt wall and poof. Unfortunately Trek has discontinued producing the wheels with no intention of reproducing them. The guys are currently trying to re-engineer them. One guy has begun talks with plastic manufactures. Another has created a temp solution by taking really large PVC and gluing it over the current set up.

The frnt wheels are also very unique... stock the come with plastic wheels that melt under fast brking. You can get aftermarket spoked alloy wheels... which hold up pretty good. But again Trek discontinued.

As for me... I did it just once. Broke two ribs and ripped a ton of skin off on my leg. Had an allergic reaction to Neosporin. Had to cancel life for 8wks. So the wife will not even let me touch it again. The guys top out at 40mph. When I went off the road I got locked up with a buddy while in the high 20's and shot off a cliff.

·
Registered
10,236 Posts
joshed said:
LOL, straight from the Trek "reviews" section:

"I use these things as Pastrana does minus the jumping. We Have been using these to downhill drift corners and we purchased 5 of them. My only complaints are that the brakes on all of them are gone (this is to be expected) and that there are no replacement wheels avalible. In just 3 short days there are holes in the rear tires as well as they are separating from the "rim". This also is to be expected but the lack of replacement parts is a serious problem. Another two sessions of riding and we will have 190 dollar trophys with no rear wheels. If Trek can remedy this problem they would be golden."

Their legal department is begging Trek to NOT make replacement parts!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.