Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Addicted to Dirt
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, 7 days until my trip to Arizona. I'm super excited (and a little bit scared after watching some of Pete Fagerlin's National footage :eek: ).

Locals - don't get scared/pissed off when I start PM'ing you like crazy next week.

I will probably test the waters at South Mountain on 12/24. If anyone has a ride at South Mountain planned for that weekend, I will be more than happy to join in! Or if someone wants to serve as a guide...the beer is on me :D

I've been lurking on this forum while I planned this trip and hopefully I can put some faces to the screen names. See you soon!

Luis

·
Something goes here...
2,069 Posts
ingluis said:
Alright, 7 days until my trip to Arizona. I'm super excited (and a little bit scared after watching some of Pete Fagerlin's National footage :eek: ).

Locals - don't get scared/pissed off when I start PM'ing you like crazy next week.

I will probably test the waters at South Mountain on 12/24. If anyone has a ride at South Mountain planned for that weekend, I will be more than happy to join in! Or if someone wants to serve as a guide...the beer is on me :D

I've been lurking on this forum while I planned this trip and hopefully I can put some faces to the screen names. See you soon!

Luis
I'll have to check the schedule and see what time we're heading over to the in-laws on the 24th but I could do a SoMo ride...especially for beer! ;) And maybe we can get Walt and Hincapie...I mean Jim to join us. Along with others hopefully.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Don't listen to Rodney, he doesn't even live here. He is from Seattle, he sucks! :D

I don't know why I'm feeling ornery today...

Anyhow, I could be down for a SoMo ride... what route are ya thinking?

Dirdir sucks, actually he and yetisurly are the same person... really! Walt is my hero!

Crash_FLMB said:
I'll have to check the schedule and see what time we're heading over to the in-laws on the 24th but I could do a SoMo ride...especially for beer! ;) And maybe we can get Walt and Hincapie...I mean Jim to join us. Along with others hopefully.
:D

·
Something goes here...
2,069 Posts
funboarder1971 said:
Don't listen to Rodney, he doesn't even live here. He is from Seattle, he sucks! :D

I don't know why I'm feeling ornery today...

Anyhow, I could be down for a SoMo ride... what route are ya thinking?

Dirdir sucks, actually he and yetisurly are the same person... really! Walt is my hero!

:D
Hey Aaron...You decided to join us! Now if you can just get off that arse of yours and join us on the trail then all will be right with the world! :D Come ride with us this Sunday.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I'm doing a quick 80 on the road bike Sunday. I am down for a Sunrise/Lost Dog ride though.

You're right about getting me off my arse, I've been sick the past month and my riding has gone to shite. I did do my classic dumbell ride last night. :rolleyes:

So, whats the plan for SoMo? Mormon/National/DC? How 'bout Mormon/National/Geronimo? yea yea!! :)

Crash_FLMB said:
Hey Aaron...You decided to join us! Now if you can just get off that arse of yours and join us on the trail then all will be right with the world! :D Come ride with us this Sunday.

·
It rains here. :(
1,314 Posts
ingluis said:
I'm super excited (and a little bit scared after watching some of Pete Fagerlin's National footage :eek: ).
That is some of the best footage ever, and it made me want to go out and see National for myself. Too bad I sucked sooo much I had to walk most of it. :mad:

It was a nice walk though... :)

...although I didn't appreciate all the hikers standing around watching and waiting for me to crash. :mad:

haha, I got them...when they thought i was going to crash...i walked! :p

·
Something goes here...
2,069 Posts
funboarder1971 said:
I'm doing a quick 80 on the road bike Sunday. I am down for a Sunrise/Lost Dog ride though.

You're right about getting me off my arse, I've been sick the past month and my riding has gone to shite. I did do my classic dumbell ride last night. :rolleyes:

So, whats the plan for SoMo? Mormon/National/DC? How 'bout Mormon/National/Geronimo? yea yea!! :)
Hey I ride some road too. Invites please!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
We well be riding about 800 am that morning up Mormon to national to Buena Vista then back down National all the way if your interested let me know. Usually takes about a hour or a little more up and quite a bit faster going down :)

·
Addicted to Dirt
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Umbrous said:
That is some of the best footage ever, and it made me want to go out and see National for myself. Too bad I sucked sooo much I had to walk most of it. :mad:

It was a nice walk though... :)

...although I didn't appreciate all the hikers standing around watching and waiting for me to crash. :mad:

haha, I got them...when they thought i was going to crash...i walked! :p
Damn hikers, although you gotta admit that watching someone else crash is pretty entertaining! One thing that we have to be thankful for in FL is that most singletrack is MTB only, no hikers -horses allowed!
I definitely expect to do some hike a bike up and down national. C'mon and join the fun!

·
It rains here. :(
1,314 Posts
Crash_FLMB said:
Another good thing about SoMo is the scenery is usually pretty good. :D
Most of the time, yes!

It is odd when I try to yield to the hikers and they say, "No, you first. I wanna see you ride this".

Meanwhile I'm thinking, "Yeah I'd like to see me ride this too!"

·
Something goes here...
2,069 Posts
Hey Ingluis...are you still planning on riding SoMo Saturday morning? I got the go ahead from the boss so I'm in. I haven't ridden Mormon/National in a while so it'd be good to get back on it. Although, since I don't have a FS anymore, I may be a little slower...or just wreck more! :D

Hopefully Aaron will join in too. I think Hincapie...er, CycleJunkie I mean...is in too but I'll double check.

Are you planning on starting from the Pima Canyon parking lot?

·
Addicted to Dirt
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Profeta:
Hell yeah! I'm flying to Phoenix tomorrow morning and will arrive at 10:30am.

Crash_FLMB:
I'll probably crash more than you since it will be my first time at national.

Saturday sounds good, you guys pick the time since you know the logistics better.
Can you PM me your cel phone numbers so I can confirm tomorrow? Thanks!
Luis

·
Something goes here...
2,069 Posts
ingluis said:
Profeta:
Hell yeah! I'm flying to Phoenix tomorrow morning and will arrive at 10:30am.

Crash_FLMB:
I'll probably crash more than you since it will be my first time at national.

Saturday sounds good, you guys pick the time since you know the logistics better.
Can you PM me your cel phone numbers so I can confirm tomorrow? Thanks!
Luis
Bad news...When going to bed last night I was coughing pretty bad. When I woke up at 4AM this morning, I was hacking up a lung. I'm hoping to still make the ride at 9AM but if not, here are a few others riding. I'll be on my silver Airborne HT. If you don't see me by 9AM, I'm not coming. Although...I've been known to ride when sick so I still expect to be there.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=153015

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=153051

·
Registered
264 Posts
You're not the only one. I've had a scratchy throat for a few days and it was much worse this morning, plus I developed a slight cough.

I work Saturdays and was going to call in sick and go ride, but maybe not. Hell, I'm not gonna waste a sick day to sit at home and be sick! Fawk that, I like to save those for better things.

Im gonna get up tomorrow at regular time, 0445, and play it by ear.

Either way I would still like to try and ride Sunday, sick or not, that gets me out of Church!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.