Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to make my mind up about what is the cheapist bike I am willing to go with. One main factor I am worried about is the shifter. I am used to a LX setup from 1995 so its pretty old but it works darn good and very little movement to get it to shift. Also if you have a nice pic of a Alpine your proud of feel free to post. I like the White one but want to go with the 650 but dont have the money.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Here's a basic view...

:D http://www.bikeparts.com/search_results.asp?ID=BPC307937 :D

JonBoy,
I'd say go with with the Deore's on the ALP 650...:thumbsup: Every thing about the bike is just flat out better..:cornut::D
:rolleyes: You say you dont have the $$:idea:
:incazzato: ...FIND THE MONEY...:incazzato: Just kiddin..:lol::lol::lol: Do what you can..But buy IBEX..:thumbsup:

Scan the web site I put up, and you'll fined the pic of the Deore..:) Have fun..

Jake Pay, POWERED by SRAM Here..:ihih::yesnod::smilewinkgrin::winker::lol:

:thumbsup:...I LOVE MY "ALP"...:lol::lol::lol:...:rant:.. XO...ROCKs...:band:...:prft::ciappa:...:lol:

·
Registered
721 Posts
JonBoy said:
Trying to make my mind up about what is the cheapist bike I am willing to go with. One main factor I am worried about is the shifter. I am used to a LX setup from 1995 so its pretty old but it works darn good and very little movement to get it to shift. Also if you have a nice pic of a Alpine your proud of feel free to post. I like the White one but want to go with the 650 but dont have the money.
In my opinion, shifters are one of the items you can initially go cheap on - like a front derailleur, or chain rings. It's not an expensive upgrade if you decide you can't live with the alivio shifters.

You may also be able to move you LX shifters over if you really want to, but I think you'll be happy with the Alivios.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.