Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just spent $230 on my bridesmaids dress for my sister's wedding. I'm just sitting here thinking about the bike parts I could have bought instead of the joy of showing off the scars on my white legs next weekend.

She is my sister and I only have one, but still I can't help but think about a new wheelset or finally getting a bike rack......and I'm missing the local 12 hr race. Just tell me to suck it up and quit whining.

·
Registered
656 Posts
VT Mtbkr said:
Just spent $230 on my sister's bridesmaid dress. I'm just sitting here thinking about the bike parts I could have bought instead of the joy of showing off the scars on my white legs next weekend.

She is my sister and I only have one, but still I can't help but think about a new wheelset or finally getting a bike rack......and I'm missing the local 12 hr race. Just tell me to suck it up and quit whining.
Dang, you made a couple tough choices. You must love your sister a LOT! :D

Seriously, you did the right thing and I understand your conflict. Happens to me all the time but on a smaller scale. Have fun at the wedding! :)

Rita
P.S. Suck it up and quit whining. ;)

·
Time is not a road.
4,150 Posts
I feel your pain, except we're saving for everything for our wedding and I keep thinking -
"Man, that's as much as my ultimate dream bike would cost!?"

The consolation - a Vegas wedding and some riding in Bootleg Canyon when it's all over. :D

·
consistent default champ
747 Posts
Yeah generally family is more important than biking

I sometimes will be at a Sunday get together with everyone and be thinking 'Man, I could be at x Park right now.' I do love my family and hanging with them but can't it be on rainy days??
My sister-in-law is buying three bride's maid dresses this summer. She only has one brother but two of her cousins are getting married as well. Two are out of state. It could always be worse.

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts

Me too, my one and only sibling will be a bride for Labor Day weekend. Luckily, the VT50 is later that month, {{{whew}}} close call!!

Yesterday, looked at some color samples for my dress, but none that quite match my bike. Doesn't satin come in steel blue? I know it does.

I can't complain: She's my only sibling, and she's a tomboy who doesn't care for the froufrou pre-wedding silliness. The shower is going to be tiny, and the bachelorette party will probably be an open bar at the racetrack.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Christine said:

Yesterday, looked at some color samples for my dress, but none that quite match my bike. Doesn't satin come in steel blue? I know it does.

Yes satin does come in steel blue. That's the color of this dress, would look great as a bike color but looks horrible against my pale skin. I know where you could find 4 really wonderful slightly used steel blue dresses. :D

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
I'm thinking a darker steel blue, as I'd also look rather washed out wearing the same exact color as my bike!

·
Rides with Scissors
619 Posts
shiggy said:
Slightly OT:
Why can men rent tuxes for weddings but women have to buy their dresses? Does not seem fair.
no kidding. though i'm tall & thin and have to order special sizes to buy, they'd never carry anything i could wear size-wise at a rental place anyway. :(

And about sibling weddings--one sister got hitched the same weekend as a major bike event I do every year, the other one was married near Christmas in MEXICO. Needless to say the gifts I could afford to give were very small... No new bike stuff for a while either. I'm the crazy cat lady of the family! :p The cats don't get jealous of the attention i give the bikes at least. :D

·
Rides with Scissors
619 Posts
shiggy said:
My cats do get jealous. If I am gone too long they let me know about it and demand attention
Not a problem here. I put her in charge of guarding the bikes, and anyone can see the fine job she's doing:

·
Registered
11,771 Posts
I'd say she owes you one....

VT Mtbkr said:
Just spent $230 on my bridesmaids dress for my sister's wedding. I'm just sitting here thinking about the bike parts I could have bought instead of the joy of showing off the scars on my white legs next weekend.

for sure

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
deanna said:
Not a problem here. I put her in charge of guarding the bikes, and anyone can see the fine job she's doing:

this made me giggle! cats are such, cats.

back to the subject, I found out a friends wedding will be during Sea Otter next year. Talk about a dilemma! :( :confused: :eek:

·
Homegrown
143 Posts
Impy said:
back to the subject, I found out a friends wedding will be during Sea Otter next year. Talk about a dilemma! :( :confused: :eek:
we are so bad that we have decided NOT to go to the wedding of a VERY close family friend this year because it is on the same weekend as a two-day charity ride that we do every year.... riding or weddings? such a dilemma...

SheFly

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.