Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
DiscoCowboy
342 Posts
I second that one...

very 'Microsoft like' to do that which is very un-Google, not hard to port for Mac. Should be out soon, hopefully they add a few extras for us!

MendonCycleSmith said:
Yes, it could be cooler if they made it so my Mac could display it=;( But I 've seen it, and it is WAY cool, just fix the one bug please!!!!

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
It could be cooler, far cooler

When Google acquired the company Keyhole they changed image providers (or had licensing problems, whatever). I lost access to high res images of some favorite trails and potential trails..

Sample - on the boundary between high and low resolution.

Attachments

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,374 Posts
And here's the really annoying rub, at home this AM on dial-up, I could not see the pics on my Mac, come to work, the land of highspeed=:) and my Mac shows them just fine, why can I see pics of it, but not view it? AARRGGHH=:( Not that I expect any solutions, from ya'll just venting! So close, yet so far.....

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
OMG! I saw my car.

(I had to crop the image for MTBR size limitation)

Thanks for the link!
Seems the bird's eye images are associated with development, but I've found trails on the edges - needs more investigation.

Update: more local trails, here singletrack below fireroad. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
564 Posts
MendonCycleSmith said:
Please explain how, if you go to it, it say's sorry, no macs, but we are working on it. Do you have some kind of emulator for PC or what? Help, i'm very interested.
It is the beta version send me your email address I can see if I can email you the file. It is 12mb so if you have a email limit I will see if I can up load it somewhere. Send me a email at [email protected] or [email protected]

·
Cold. Blue. Steel.
1,709 Posts
Another Mac guy here.
This is very cool, but very scary, in the "Big Brother" vein...

Mac is really just Unix at it's core. Shouldn't be left out of the software/programming mix anymore. :cool:

OGG

·
featherweight clydesdale
1,383 Posts
pacman said:
(I had to crop the image for MTBR size limitation)

Thanks for the link!
Seems the bird's eye images are associated with development, but I've found trails on the edges - needs more investigation.

Update: more local trails, here singletrack below fireroad. :D
Is that the basic google earth or did you subsribe to the upgraded service?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.