Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
VEGAN ATHLETE Racing
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got any idea what kinda soil we got out there? I'm trying to decide on the right tire. When I raced that place the first year they held it it was gravel, loose soil and pavement. Any changes? Any hardpack (besides the asphalt)?

Much love.

·
Registered
97 Posts
vuduvgn said:
Anybody got any idea what kinda soil we got out there? I'm trying to decide on the right tire. When I raced that place the first year they held it it was gravel, loose soil and pavement. Any changes? Any hardpack (besides the asphalt)?
When I road it last year (in the Sept Cougar Mtn Classic), it was all hardpack, gravel and pavement. At the very end, coming back into the stadium/starting line, there is some loose soil around the descent and switchback. I think I am running my hardpack tires like a Specialized Fast Trak.

·
Registered
97 Posts

·
It's about showing up.
12,738 Posts
I love stuff like that!

To anyone but a mountain biker the Team Motion Based description would mean nothing. Having ridden these hills for years I could see exactly what the writer was talking about. I expect that the course has...uh... matured since the assessment was written but it is a great start. Thanks for posting the link Slashk.

·
190lbs of climber
1,542 Posts
take your road tires. This course is a complete shame to the American MTB community. I cannot believe they will be handing out "Stars n Stripes" jerseys to winners, especially the gravity events. I just pre-rode the xc and Super D course, and am very glad that I didn't preregister. The xc course is 15, maybe 25% pavement, and mostly washboard/hardpack(like pavement) fireroad. The Super D course is a mockery of the name Super D, as it includes NO single track and only pavement/fireroad/grass field descending and climbing.

Here's one rider who will NOT be wasting 2 days racing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.