Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Vicious Cycles COTR rim built up on a Woodman Lefty hub, and compared to the Stan's 355's, it is beautiful. High quality manufacturing, round and true out of the box, and the Pacenti tires fit very well (with tubes- I'm not a tubeless guy, so I don't know how they would work tubeless). I would highly recommend these over the Stan's any day- yes, they are a 100g heavier, but I'll take the trade-off.
 

·
Mr.650b - Mr.27-5
Joined
·
1,630 Posts
deuxdiesel said:
Just got my Vicious Cycles COTR rim built up on a Woodman Lefty hub, and compared to the Stan's 355's, it is beautiful. High quality manufacturing, round and true out of the box, and the Pacenti tires fit very well (with tubes- I'm not a tubeless guy, so I don't know how they would work tubeless). I would highly recommend these over the Stan's any day- yes, they are a 100g heavier, but I'll take the trade-off.
I just got a pair of these rims myself; thanks Carl! they look very nice and from all outward appearances seem very well made. I haven't had a chance to build them up yet, but will report back soon.

Cheers,

KP
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
any updates on width? my 355's are toast and i'm thinking about these for the next build.

in addition, any recommendations on appropriate tension?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,872 Posts
Kirk Pacenti said:
I just got a pair of these rims myself; thanks Carl! they look very nice and from all outward appearances seem very well made. I haven't had a chance to build them up yet, but will report back soon.

Cheers,

KP
What's the verdict on these rims?
 

·
Down South Yooper
Joined
·
1,010 Posts
Any more feedback or extended ride reports on the COTR? I'm looking for a beefy set of rims for a tandem project, and I'm in between the P35 (in 36 hole, if I can find a set) or the COTR. Cost on the COTR is pretty attractive, but if I fold them up time after time, I'll go up with the P35's..


Plum
 

·
Down South Yooper
Joined
·
1,010 Posts
Bump, would really like to hear some more feedback on the COTR and how it's holding up for you guys..

Thanks.

Plum

Plum said:
Any more feedback or extended ride reports on the COTR? I'm looking for a beefy set of rims for a tandem project, and I'm in between the P35 (in 36 hole, if I can find a set) or the COTR. Cost on the COTR is pretty attractive, but if I fold them up time after time, I'll go up with the P35's..

Plum
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Kirk,
I'm thinking of ordering a set of these rims to mate with a spare set of White Ind. hubs, but before I "pull the trigger" I'm interested in your findings. Would you please let us all know how the Vicious COTR rims built up for you (did you come across any issues with dish or achieving proper spoke tension), and were you pleased with the overall outcome?
Thanks for any help
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
660 Posts
umassracer said:
Kirk,
I'm thinking of ordering a set of these rims to mate with a spare set of White Ind. hubs, but before I "pull the trigger" I'm interested in your findings. Would you please let us all know how the Vicious COTR rims built up for you (did you come across any issues with dish or achieving proper spoke tension), and were you pleased with the overall outcome?
Thanks for any help
We've been waiting for MONTHs, godfather. What's the story? ;)
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top