Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I have ordered a Spider 29 XL. Since this most likely will be the first Spider 29 in Norway, I had no possibilities to testride it before ordering.
I'm 6'4.7"(195cm) tall, so I'm a typical XL guy ;). Will say my proportions are "normal".

I know the Spider XL has a very long top tube(25.75"), so I have become a little worried that it might be a little too long for me...
Has anyone here have an opinion of the Spider XL size and if it will fit a guy that is 6'4.7" tall?
Should I go with the Large instead, or will an XL with a short stem fit me?

/Frode - Norwegian Viking

·
Registered
512 Posts
I'm 6'3" and I would get the XL.

Sure there are MANY unknowns here but I'll through my $.02 in.

Actually the TT length is very appealing to me. AND I'd likely have to ride a 120mm stem....I'm sure you will have no issues - If your torso/arms are short for your height - you could run a stem ~ 100mm.

I would Highly recommend NOT going to a Large.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for reassuring replies ;).
My inseam is ca. 92 cm, so our proportions should be about the same.

Perhaps I sleep a little better the forthcoming nights ;).

Crossing my fingers that the frame arrives before Christmas.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi

I'm 192cm tall with 92cm inseam. I've ordered a Spider 29 in size L.

On my current bike I've a reach length from the middle of the saddle to the handlebar of 76cm. When I'd like to adapt this to the Spidergeo, then I calculate as following:
628mm TT-length + 110mm stem + 25mm offset of seatpost = 763mm

I hope that it will fit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Since the Spider has a 74' seat angle, I'm not sure I will need a setback seatpost...
My current bike has a 73' seat angle, and there I'm using 25mm setback and that fits me well. Not sure how much difference 1' makes though.

I'm also thinking about using 80mm or 90mm stem to get a quicker handling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.