Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How much pressure should I put into fox vanilla RL? I weigh 130lbs. I just put in 70psi. Is this enought pressure???I forgot to mention that I have stumper 2003 with front fork TALAS RLC.

I want slow rebound on fox vanilla RL. I am featherweight compare to other bikers. I am prepareing the bike for coming weekend ride. I am at lost to putting correct pressure on rear shock

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
It'd help if you listed the bike it's on, BUT I'll let you know what I run in my FloatR. I'm 175lbs right now in gear and run body weight or above pressures in mine - depending on the riding I'll be doing I add more than body weight. I'm on a Trance and use the 6.5" FloatR which has a recomended SAG of 9.5mm.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Picard said:
How much pressure should I put into fox vanilla RL? I weigh 130lbs. I just put in 70psi. Is this enought pressure???I forgot to mention that I have stumper 2003 with front fork TALAS RLC.

I want slow rebound on fox vanilla RL. I am featherweight compare to other bikers. I am prepareing the bike for coming weekend ride. I am at lost to putting correct pressure on rear shock
If you mean a Float RL rear shock, on a Stumpjumper - use your bodyweight in psi (in your case 130psi) as a guideline. These bikes tend to drag their pedals if the shock pressure is on the low side. Once you get the air pressure in the ballpark, adjust the rebound so it doesn't pack down on repeated bumps, without kicking back too harshly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.