Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I got my irs return and would like to buy something and thought about a new computer. I saw a picture of the cateye cordless 7 model and wonder what people think of it and if any cordless is worth it? Also what about the sigma cordless one model 1200?

·
Registered
283 Posts
I personally don't like cyclo-puters. Ever single one that i have had i've bashed and broke within the first week of having it on the bike. Bad luck, probably. But i'm anti computer because of that. I did take a look at the cateye though, its a pretty slick looking comp.

·
Big Drops
116 Posts
I have a Sigma 1200 on my fs. Basic but accurate bike computer. Couple drawbacks:
1) the spoke magnet was loose and initially wouldn't stay in place. had to secure it with glue.
2) the rubber o-rings supplied to attach the computer to the handlebars and the transmitter on the fork were a pain in the rear to install, and i question the elasticity and longevity of exposed rubber o-rings. so far the rubber has held up to the elements (about 8 months), but i ride the fs on an infrequent basis.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
I have an Performance Axiom A10 on my wife's bike. Works well enough and is easy to use. My brother-in-law and his wife both have them and he's happy with with it after going through several other brands that failed pretty quickly.

My bike has a Topeak Comp 150 which is realy accurate and seems to be made a bit better than the A10 but it only has one button to cycle through about 10 functions so changing from something like distance traveded to time is a pain in the ass. I doubt I'd buy another which is a shame because I like it otherwise.

I got both on sale at Performance. $29 for the Axiom and $35 for the Topeak.

·
Just Grin and HUCK it...
855 Posts
I just got a '05 Specialized Turbo Elite which works well, but it's a little pricy ($60). Has some good functions including cadence (if you're into that) and has a backlight.

One word of caution: if you do some night riding with a handlebar mounted HID light, your wireless computer will not work while your light is on. I wish I'd have known this before I bought mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.