Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
a.k.a. MTBMaven
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Forget sitting around watching football on Sunday. Come out and ride an amazing trail and see the recently renovated Mt. Zion Trail. Many of you helped CORBA basically reopen this trail to use by mountain bikes.

CORBA will be sponsoring the BBQ as a way of saying thank you to everyone who helped and to promote future trail maintenance events. Previous work with CORBA is not required for this event. Please come out and have a great day in the mountains.

Don't worry we will be doing a little bit of work out there. One of my contacts with the Angeles National Forest has asked it we could spend 30 or so minutes clearing the view on the summit of Mt. Zion. All the tools will be deposited on the summit for our use. The goal is to open the view on the summit.

PLEASE RSVP SO I HAVE AN IDEA HOW MUCH FOOD TO PURCHASE.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I was all set to go until I realized it was Super Bowl Sunday! Why do it on a day where 99% of the male population of the US will be otherwise occupied drinking beer and eating fattening foods?

BTW, thanks for clearing that trail. I live in South OC and made the drive out there once to try Mt. Zion but never made it to the top due to the immense amounts of overgrowth. I look forward to giving the trail another try some time.

·
Registered
695 Posts
dstepper said:
Tivo it.

I like riding on Super Bowl Sundays...few people on the trails. It is a short loop we will most likely be done before the start of the game.

Dean
Not gonna happen. My wife is a certified football widow during football season so there's no way I'm going to miss "The Big One"...even if it's for a a cool ride. :cool:

·
a.k.a. MTBMaven
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mtbski,

Glad you and the woman will be there. Will you be pulling the pooch on the trailer? :)

·
a.k.a. MTBMaven
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A Great Ride

What a perfect day: clear skys, warm temps (finally), a great trail, good people, good free food, and I still got home to see one of the best kick offs in Super Bowl history. For shame to those that didn't come out because they wanted to watch...what is that sport called? football? We had 17 people show up for the event today. Several of the OTB guys did a 125 mile road ride yesterday and still showed up for the event, one of them was 72! Inspiring to say the least.

The Chantry area has a special place in my heart. It so awesome to be a part of helping to keep it such a wonderful place. I can't thank everyone who came out to any one of the 7 trail maintenance events on the Mt. Zion Trail. It is amazing how much better the trail looks! For those that have not been out to the area I highly recommend the trip.

A huge THANK YOU to the folks at the Pack Station and Steve (President of the Cabin Owners Association) for cooking the food for us. It was super nice to finish up a great ride and have tacos waiting for us!

Saturday, February 17th, CORBA will be working on the Ken Burton Trail (or Tim Burton Trail to some). Access to this trail is a little less technical than Mt. Zion and should be a great event.

Pictures courtesy of dstepper:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.