Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
3,584 Posts
dayum...good thing I had proper lighting today when I crossed that sheriff at 4:30am at the top of Felter.. ;)

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Just a little perspective for ya. The paper only gets what is printed in a media log by a Police department. If they had all the details, half the stories would never get printed because they are just not "eye catching" enough. Have some Police used a taser when it was not totally warranted? Yes. But what you don't hear about is people that get hit with batons and bones broken because the old trusty baton is not a new technology and does not have wizard like properties. You would be amazed at the amount of people that fight with cops or do not follow simple instructions. What is the common theme with 90% of these people? Meth! It does not do a body good. Safe riding.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
I am not going to comment on whether using the teaser gun in this situation is appropriate or not, but it teach us this...
next time we are on our bike and thinks that we can outrun cops/security guard/rangers...we should really think twice.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
HAHAHA! I almost put in the thread about "what bike do you lust for" a picture of a next or pacific bike. Some of you guys make me laugh out loud pretty good.

·
No Justice = No Peace
1,512 Posts
Nice remark

Portola Vince said:
Or in this case "Mex." I bet he was on a "Pacific" or a "Next" bike.
I hear a lot of conservative/right wing stuff on this board and sometimes I wonder how people can be so ill informed. Comments like this one by Portola Vince explain it all. Vince is a racist.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Strong words

Lutarious said:
I hear a lot of conservative/right wing stuff on this board and sometimes I wonder how people can be so ill informed. Comments like this one by Portola Vince explain it all. Vince is a racist.
Just a thought here: I don't know you and I don't know Portola Vince. Speaking purely for myself, I wouldn't have chosen those words he used, but in intending to be funny or ironic, I've occasionally let my mouth get ahead of my judgement. Racist is a pretty strong word, and I wouldn't throw it around lightly. Maybe you ought to pm the man with your concerns before making an issue out of something. Give the man a chance. How about it?

B

·
0 Posts
Lutarious said:
"Omar Herrada Rivera" = hispanic to anyone with half a brain.

Most hispanic illegal immigrants ("using false citizenship government documents") in the US are from Mexico.

How does stating the obvious make someone a racist, let alone "conservative/right wing"?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Lutarious said:
I just love the tolerance of the liberal/left wing: conservative/right wing = "ill informed". :nono:

·
New Guy
189 Posts
the chain probably skipped, that's why he fled on foot.

... also you never know, someone on a Pacific could be undercover ;)

·
#AINTNOBODYGOTTIMEFERDAT
407 Posts
Lutarious said:
:rolleyes:

·
Coors, the american beer.
3,533 Posts
Loll said:
I am not going to comment on whether using the teaser gun in this situation is appropriate or not, but it teach us this...
next time we are on our bike and thinks that we can outrun cops/security guard/rangers...we should really think twice.
i only live about 10 miles from where this happened .. hamilton city is a SMALL ass town ... id guess it encompasses 2 square miles tops .... i ride at night in chico all the time with no lights and if i ever get rolled and im near bidwell park ... you can bet ill make a break for it into the park cause all the gates are closed

Portola Vince said:
Or in this case "Mex." I bet he was on a "Pacific" or a "Next" bike.
next's are such pos'es ... i got one of their beach cruisers from walmart for $60 .. so far ive had to tighten the headset multiple times, new chain, new seat, and one of the bolts that holds the front wheel on stripped out last time i changed a flat

but anyways ... back to the article .... glenn county sheriffs are on top of their ish ... if you show em respect they are cool but you try and be smart and youll go straight to jail .... i know this cause when we go tubing the sac river is the county line from butte to glenn and the launch is on the glenn side. Sucks getting aressted over there cause their county jail is in willows which is mad far from chico .... i had to bail out a friend last year that got a drunk in public on the boat launch

·
Paper or plastic?
10,037 Posts
At least, he did not get waterboarded. :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Lutarious said:
drama queen jackass

·
Shocks?, Pegs?... Lucky!
799 Posts
I woulda tazered his ass too.
OK, here's the scene. You're a COP, you wanna pull a guy over on his bike, tell him to get some lights. He turns andruns. You might be thinking, "Hey that guy could be 1) armed, 2) dangerous, 3) high on Meth, 4) carrying a boatload of Meth, Crack, coke etc, 4) skipping a warrant.
So, your options are
1) get out and chase the ****er down, alone, w/o backup and wrestle him down (If he's high on meth and has 20 lbs on you, you're ****ed in that tango.
2) Shoot his ass with your 9mm
3) tazer him
hmm. I know where I'm gonna go with it.
And I hate cops, but I understand that their job is very tough, and they've gotta make SERIOUS decisions, life and death isht in a matter of moments...

Oh, and drop the racsim crap, it's effing passe to hide heind your keyboard and call people names. Wanna make a difference, Vote, volunteer, Organize. Do something positive instead of whining in Anonimity...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts