Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I tried to capture this very unique color frame by putting a works red behind it and catching it in a couple of different light settings. I think the most accurate is the one in front of the works red and the intense banner. This color just pops, there is not much that is subtle, as its glossy, darkish orange, and in person, quite different than works red.

As for weight, our medium tips the digital scale at 9.28 lbs with a coil shock. Quite respectable considering what the frame is capable of.

Attachments

·
Ideas Above My Station...
1,506 Posts
So glad to see decent chasing/facing of ISCG and drop-outs. My powdercoated drop-outs creak like bastards (SS).
Yeah looks more red than orange, not as nice looking as the Sea Otter pics that were around a few months ago. Prob better in person no doubt.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope

ants said:
please tell me thats not a scratch in the second photo:eek:
No, its the flash or something. Definately not a scratch. This color is so hard to get accurately, if you look at the red works tracer behind it, you can see "red". I can also line it up between works red and regular intense red to show that this thing is a burnt orange color.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine

shag555 said:
Probably the difference between UV / Natural (sun) / filament lighting, + the backgrounds & different types / quality of cameras...
For comparison, my camera is a Cannon EOS 20D, and it was natural sunlight. I just can't seem to get the color right when taking the picture, all I can say it is distinctively different than works red and intense red. Perhaps I'll sit it next to a Ventana X-5 in orange I'm almost done building up. That will be a good comparison.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Copper small Uzzi

Grabbed a photo of this small Copper , still is not a spot on likeness of this color. I would say the shot from Interbike under that lighting shows it well.The copper is a burnt orange / copper metallic & more on the orange side than red.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
mr intense said:
Not a works color but a fine metallic with clearcoat that adds the high gloss.
Just wanted to say thanx Mr Intense for the clarification...and another big mahalos to your customer service dept...called day before and asked some general info questions about the uzzi that i couldnt track down and the guy i talked with was awesome, very patient and helpful...it is much appreciated...even out here in the middle of the pacific!..*maui*...now when those XL frames go into production, ill be set!!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts