Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
holding back the darkness
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for advice:
I am considering taking a trip to Copper Canyon in February and have several questions:
Is this a good time to go?
Is it necessary to go through a guide company, or can one travel the canyon without one?
How long a trip should I plan? I am in good condition and live and ride at elevation.
Is there lodging available on a walk-in basis?
Are there any other ideas for a BETTER trip?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to help me out!

·
karmacoma
635 Posts
Hey Warp, how bout a copper canyon sticky file??

maybe something that links up the various cc threads or a link to some info like the one above¡?

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
triphop said:
Hey Warp, how bout a copper canyon sticky file??

maybe something that links up the various cc threads or a link to some info like the one above¡?
Good idea...

I'll make a sticky for "Mexico Riding Spots"... Copper Canyon and Puerto Vallarta questions come up each vacation season.

To the OP... You may want to get informed on the weather for February. Chihuahua's winters are HARSH... Subfreezing temps and dry weather.

Check out this link...
http://www.mexonline.com/chihuahua/coppercanyon-weather.htm

·
weirdo
6,223 Posts
Aw, come on guys- don`t go and do that! If you link up all the Copper Can posts and pics together I`ll never be able to get off the internet.

·
Muskoka
3,473 Posts
Warp said:
I'll make a sticky for "Mexico Riding Spots"... Copper Canyon and Puerto Vallarta questions come up each vacation season.
Please do! As a Canadian who has never been to Mexico, I would find it very helpful. Would love to visit during winter, and much prefer a mountain biking vacation over lying on the beach.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts