Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd start here with my inquiry...is there any type of trail or downhill/freeride type biking in or near Copenhagen, Denmark?

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
You may know that Denmark is mainly pretty flat, so you won't find any big hills there. Apparently, there's still possibilities for riding.

If all else fails, do an Advanced Search for Danish members at http://forums.mtbr.com/memberlist.php

·
Registered
101 Posts
No. There are no DH or freeride trails close to Copenhagen.

There are however many good xc trails close to Copenhagen.
Let me know if you are interested in them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm not from Copenhagen but apparently there is a DH/FR track in Rude north of Copenhagen, but obviously length is very limited by the size of our hills :) Try to take a look at www.mtb.dk, there's a messageboard where you can probably get in touch with local riders.

·
Registered
316 Posts
monkies said:
Figured I'd start here with my inquiry...is there any type of trail or downhill/freeride type biking in or near Copenhagen, Denmark?
Here's three good trail candidates all in cycling distance from Copenhagen:
New blue trackl
Old blue track This is the one with the official Freeride/"DH"/DJ spot
Red track

They are official tracks with signs, maps and markings on the trees to help you find your way

And a little further away: the white track super nice and technical!

PM if you want help to find a local guide
:) Kasper

Sample from Rude forrest (yes that IS the real name) Ze germans are just visiting

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know that this thread is pretty old , but i am currently looking for some places near
Copenhagen, Lyngby, Hellerup.
I live in Hellerup and i am going to stay for at least 2 years , so if anyone has to suggest any place for mtb riding, he is more than welcome to do it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I know that this thread is pretty old , but i am currently looking for some places near
Copenhagen, Lyngby, Hellerup.
I live in Hellerup and i am going to stay for at least 2 years , so if anyone has to suggest any place for mtb riding, he is more than welcome to do it.
All the tracks I linked to in my old post from 2009 are still there :)
If you wanna ride with some laidback locals check out trailbuilders.dk -> forum.

Hope to see you on the trails :)

Kasper

·
Registered
316 Posts
Geels and Rude forest are placed relatively close to each other an easy to reach with public transportation (Holte station)
You can rent mountainbikes at Davinci bicycle store:
https://davincicykler.dk/kontakt-os
[email protected] or call them +45 7026 4050

Geels forest: Facilitet - udinaturen.dk
Rude forest: Facilitet - udinaturen.dk

Close to Hareskov forest is another rental shop - MTB-tours - Kontakt - MTB Tours
Call or mail them on +45 4432 0903 / [email protected]
Hareskov forest can easily be reached by public transportation (Hareskovby station)

Hareskov forest: Facilitet - udinaturen.dk

All three tracks are easy to follow with big blue or red dots on the trees and maps at the trailheads.

You are welcome to try and look me up when you get here :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts