Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 991 Posts

·
Registered
9,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep my greetings on the trail simple--big smile, maybe howdy, maybe whassup. One ride I saw a guy seemingly struggling uphill. I shouted out, "beautiful day!" He smiled broadly and replied "Every day!". A good recipe for a positive outlook on life.

·
Registered
662 Posts
"hey dude, I like your mullet"..............for someone to say that and mean it, just warms me to the bottom of my pea pickin little heart

·
Preemptive Revenger
867 Posts
"awesome! best save I've ever seen!" said during a race wherein I was out of control and sliding sideways down a loose steep slope at a good pace...I got the balls to release the brakes and forget about the trail and just aim it down, figuring that if I was gonna die at least I should do it with grace! (and it turned out miraculously). Turns out another broke his arm and another dislocated his shoulder at the same place; I think I've never been luckier.

·
Mmmm Rocks Good
645 Posts
"For such a big guy, you are really graceful on a bike" Said to me by a female friend while riding behind me on some rocky, sketchy singletrack. I'm 6'2" 225 Lbs and always thought I had more of a mad bull style of riding, you know, plow through everything that gets in your way! Made my day!

·
Hairy man
4,923 Posts
"Cool!"

I did a wheelie through long, shallow puddle on an ATV path in Portland Maine. I couple kids were hanging out catching pollywogs and this ten year old boy exclaimed "Cool!" as I reached the end of the puddle.

Since I was doing the trick to impress my inner 10 year old, it was nice to get some confirmation from an outer 10 year old.

A couple months ago my partner told me my bike looked "Serious". That made me feel childishly proud as well.

·
I'm on fire.
304 Posts
Not sure about the coolest....but this was pretty funny.

Cruising down the trail, took a little off-shoot section to hit a rock jump. Didn't land so sweet, here I am sitting on the trail trying to collect my marbles.....

Stay on the trail! :rolleyes:

·
Non Dual Bliss
6,240 Posts
"Let's scrump!"

·
Something's tingling
154 Posts
"You did it on THAT?!", from a full squish gearie, referring to my rigid single speed at the top of a long-a$$ climb.

[edit=almost forgot...]
And while passing a hiker he says, "Ya need a motor on that thing!" To which I replied, "Where's the fun in that?" :thumbsup:

·
thecentralscrutinizer
3,005 Posts
"Is that your spare tube?"

·
Shamisen Appreciator
2,095 Posts
"CHANGE GEARS!" Shouted from patio seating outside of some bar in downtown Baltimore. I was riding a mod trials bike at the time and spinning furiously while trying to keep up with my buddies, who were on BMX bikes.

Not said to me, but "what would you say if I told you that I'm going to take your bike?" Out of the mouth of some thug, also in downtown Baltimore seconds before he was knocked out by a quick right (not from me)

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
"Are you a Pro Rider?"

No, that may actually be the stupidest bike related thing said to me. I had pulled into a gas station with my bike on the roof. I was still wearing my lycra and MTBR bike shirt when the attendent asked that question. I mean, what the heck team would hire a than
56-year old rider? "Team AARP" I suppose.

I just smiled and said no, I just rode for fun.

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
6,398 Posts
while riding through the Bronx, a couple of sassy black girls started whistling, and one said,..." mmm, you kinda tasty for a white boy!"!

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Hottie: Nice S.A.S.S.!

Me: You like my SASS? You should see my Unit!! :D

1 - 20 of 991 Posts