Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Coolest 24 hr race single speed 1st place prize goses up to $850.00 and climbing for the great racers of steel balls. Changes to be made in two weeks on race site , Thanks to handmade bicycle sponsor.:thumbsup:

·
Exactly 1/2 of 2-Epic
750 Posts
spam

jimmyboy - while I appreciate your enthusiasm for your event, you are spamming this forum. Might I suggest there are better ways to promote your race?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey hairball

Hi Hairball,
Sorry if I am pushing the race so hard. Its for cancer, I hope you could tell me the best way to run this blog and it sure sounds like you could help the Coolest 24 hr Race Againist Cancer. So please show up at the Coolest 24 and kick some butt!I I will not post anymore about the race . Hey by the way you have a great web site. Your the man!!

·
Got Twins?
297 Posts
The course is...

Wolfy,

The course consists of mostly fireroad with singletrack sprinkled in. There a few killer climbs but very doable on an SS. If it's like last year, there is a mud bog to get you all dirty before your lap is finished.
Our shop fields two one speed 4 person teams and is a sponsor of the race. Our team, I guess the B team, won the Balls of Steel last year. We'll be back to defend the Balls.
The vibe of the race is a lot of fun and everyone out there is very supportive. This year we'll have an all female 4 person team, solo female and solo male. In addition to my wife racing the 8 hour solo female on her one speed. It's a great time for the family, as my friend and his son raced 2 person with the whole family coming out to crew for them.

It's a fun race and a great cause to support. In fact, the gentleman who inspired the race promoter to do this race for cancer research had a big hand in developing the internet. :thumbsup: Not that he was the sole person, just another person making this whole thing work.

L84biking

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Very doable on an SS?

lets be clear....doable on an SS for team riders and only then on the first couple laps. Any solo SS rider that can clean the climb out of Knickerbocker every lap, I'll give a case of beer to. Hell, I'll give a case of beer to any solo rider that climbs it every time...well except maybe for Klasna.

By the way, Robert was hilarous out there with the budweiser radio strapped to his bike in the A.M. last year. Although the reception was a bit static :)

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I don't disagree that it's SPAM

but if we scan the threads on the Endurance page a number of events official and unofficial share updates, promote interest in their races, etc. on this site. It's fortunate resource for all of us and we're also lucky to have Karl's website too!

Is Jim "Jimmyboy" being a bit enthusiastic...sure...I met Jim last year and have stayed in touch this year....and I can say he's very genuine and sincere. Not that my opinion counts for a whole lot. ;)

That said, Jim maybe try to keep any updates self contained into one thread on this forum. It will likely come across less SPAM like. Jeff K. and Guitar Ted do that for TransIowa and it works pretty well. Just a thought.

DaveH, hope your training is going well....hope to see you at 24hrs of OP.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My mouth has the run's

I will stop with all the hype of the Coolest 24 hr" RACE AGAINST CANCER". Thanks Roger for the backing. Maybe I should start with charging the NORBA fee's and the $800.00 that go's to NORBA for some Dude that shows up and tells you how to race.The site happens to be a great way for me to get information out to the racers that do care about a great time and a great cause without someone putting that $300 solo entry in there pocket. We put the money into the race for the racers, not into some promotors nice new SUV. MatCat madmen are the best. Balls of steel all the way!!:thumbsup:

·
Exactly 1/2 of 2-Epic
750 Posts
jimmyboy said:
Hi Hairball,
Sorry if I am pushing the race so hard. Its for cancer, I hope you could tell me the best way to run this blog and it sure sounds like you could help the Coolest 24 hr Race Againist Cancer. So please show up at the Coolest 24 and kick some butt!I I will not post anymore about the race . Hey by the way you have a great web site. Your the man!!
Awe man, now don't I feel like the dumb end of horse :bluefrown:

Honestly, I had no idea it was a race against cancer. Cool cause for the coolest race. Have you considered approaching the Lance Armstrong Foundation? Not a clue if it could help, but your race aligns with 2 of the big mans top 3 passions.

I definitely agree with what Roger was saying, FWIW. I will be at OP BTW, but not on the greatest form as I'm recovering from surgery two months ago. It'll be fun though - if it's dry. Hope to see you ripping the course on your SS Roger.

And Lynda...what a question! Surely you understand the economics involved, it's an issue of scale. You should enter as a boy, racing for the big prize since you race 'em all anyway.

If there's anyone I've failed to insult my sincerest apologies :)

·
Got Twins?
297 Posts
Roger,

Robert's mp3 player got stuck on one Black Sabbath song which stuck in his head the rest of the night!:D I'm sure he'll be back with a new improved version this year. Looking forward to seeing you out on the trails.

You doing Puff this year? I'll be out there.

Steve

·
LW Coaching
737 Posts
hairball_dh said:
And Lynda...what a question! Surely you understand the economics involved, it's an issue of scale. You should enter as a boy, racing for the big prize since you race 'em all anyway.
Oh yeah. Is that allowed? Would that be fair? What's your stance on that option Jimmyboy? Can I officially play SS with the boyz for the pot of gold?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Should the woman race against the men?

Lynda ask's
If she can race against the men in SS at the Coolest 24 hr. I hope you guys will anwser this with all fairness. I don't know Lynda, But I think she could put the hammer down on some of you. If I don't get any other SS girls to race in SS. I vote yes" bring it on" Only if hairball Dave shows up? This race is about raising money for cancer and having a good time racing.
Times are a changing boys" let's see if you have "Balls Of Steel" Roger? Sean? what do you think?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I'll have to go in the general entry, but hope to be there at the puff.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I'm all for it!

Lynda should be able to race whatever cat she'd like!

But now I'm racing the women's cat. ;)

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Bummer. Hope you're healing well....see ya in about a month. I'll keep an eye out for the HealthFX kit at OP.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Roger

[QUOTE Hell, I'll give a case of beer to any solo rider that climbs it every time...well except maybe for Klasna. [/QUOTE]

Dude, where's my case of beer? A case of that Newcastle you left here last week will do just fine:thumbsup:
You did say solo rider, no mention of gears or not!

I can't believe you got up as many times as you did! What I would give a prize for is anyone getting out of the second creek climb, Salt Creek, every time, that one was a *****!
Gonna be much better this year anyway, we are almost 20 inches of rain under last years total to date.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.