Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdy all... ok, im registered in the cool race, anyone wanna ride the course this weekend?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its in auburn, we are hoping to get up there about 10 am... you the guy that was on the dan bb sunday with walmart?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok, lets plan to leave oroville by 9am? also, wheres Melt?

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
jimmyboy said:
Hey guys, while you on the olmstead loop let me know what shape the bridges are in? there should be three of them. I will need to go in and take care of them before the coolest 24 hour race www.thecoolestmtb.com
There are bridges? Where's the fun in that??!! We don't need no stinking bridges.

·
Coors, the american beer.
3,533 Posts
im in ... ill bring out the singlespeed cause i hear that course is ridicilously muddy no matter what year it is ... tim if youre going ill ride with you i aint trippin bout waking up early for this one.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Bridges only for 24hr racers!!

Sean, you hit the nail on the head. You must go around the bridges or swim around or just jump over the water crossings. Cyclecross carry works the best!! Sean, I will head down and pull the bridges aside till the Coolest 24 hr race comes in May. There is no water in the creeks anyway. Lack of rain will make for a fast race. 39 to 40 min lap times?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
No need to move them,

Jim, no need to move them, we will just put up some barricades or something. I seem to remember that the one at Knickerbocker was pretty damn heavy, the others we will probably let pass. The one at the swamp has always been there in some form or another, it's just a lot better now. I guess we could also leave the one at the staging area so everyone does not have to hit the jump:thumbsup:
I just don't want anyone falling off the one at Knickerbocker, it was slick in May when it got wet!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Man up!!

My dad always said to get some steel balls or get to trying on my moms underware. Run threw it, run over it, but never and I mean never run around it. Its only a two hour race!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
jimmyboy said:
Hey guys, while you on the olmstead loop let me know what shape the bridges are in? there should be three of them. I will need to go in and take care of them before the coolest 24 hour race www.thecoolestmtb.com
When I rode Olmstead a couple of weeks ago they were still in fantastic shape. I was actually one of the first riders to cross the first bridge (the one right after the road) when you guys installed it last year. The crew was heading up the trail in a truck after they completed it ;).

Three bridges:

first one after the road - the big descent to the creek crossing: fine shape
second bridge: where it starts to get all soupy in the marshy areas by the homes. Doing great.
third bridge: at the horse lot - still fine. I actually love that bridge, after a few miles of deep water and mud, the last thing I want to do is hit another massive puddle right at the lot ;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.