Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
wii!!!!!
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a cool japanese video of a bike assembly line. Not that its the coolest bike in the world, but its pretty damn cool, nontheless. The coolest part to me is how the wheelset is put together, and then rolls off the line into a pile for a guy to put the tubes and tires on. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
732 Posts
Nice video. First time I ever saw a robot build a wheelset.

Those bikes (nicknamed mamachari's in Japan) are everywhere ! It's funny how you'll see dozens of them at every train station - all unlocked of course.

·
Incredulous bastard
260 Posts
Horus said:
Yeah, mass producing bikes looks cool at first, but by week #2, the thrill wears off, and you hate your job like everyone else there.
If you hate your job then you have the wrong job. Or, more accurately, your employer has the wrong employee.

And uh, yeah, neat video.

·
1946:2006:2066
1,458 Posts
Bicycle Destroy Video

"Making of a Bicycle" is a pretty cool video.
The wheel building and truing complete with spoke tension testing was interesting.

But what is "Bicycle Destroy" video all about?
Could some one translate?

michael

·
Registered
166 Posts
The wheel building part was neat, snazzy idea with the centrifugal force to alight the spokes!

This does, however, strengthen my conviction to get a hand built bike from the states ... :thumbsup:

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
very cool vid

Kinda bummed that I couldn't read the subtitles and uber bummed that they didn'y show how they manufactured the wicker basket.

Bob

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Phi.Design said:
damn, that wheel builder was nuts. whoever thinks of how to make those machines is a genius.
...and why production engineers make the big bucks.

I love that wheel building machine too. But I laughed when it was all done, the wheel was literally tossed on the floor.

·
Registered
9,591 Posts
Considering the bikes that are in this video

ZoSoSwiM said:
Wow.. Not sure those employees put much effort into that job... quality control... Hmm... I wonder if they test the bikes... 1 of 100?
how could you tell if one was assembled by a non-caring employee and no quality control?
All that's required of these bikes is the wheels turn, the cranks somewhat propel you forward and the brakes work (sort of).

That said, I wish the Santa Cruz factory in Taiwan was cranking out my Superlight frame as fast (though with super-quality control of course!)

·
7am Backcountry ;- )
821 Posts
lidarman said:
...and why production engineers make the big bucks.

I love that wheel building machine too. But I laughed when it was all done, the wheel was literally tossed on the floor.
Yeah spend all that effort then they roll it into a pile of buckled wheels!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I wish one of those racer x's would end up in my garage.
that looked like so much fun standing all day, and installing brake levers, and grips, makes me want to move and work for them...

·
Registered
732 Posts
FireDog46 said:
But what is "Bicycle Destroy" video all about?
Could some one translate?

michael
They were sending illegally parked bicycles to the scrapyard. Wouldn't that suck if you happened to leave your custom made Titus Exogrid locked up in one of those areas ?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.