Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for some insight on a couple drivetrain compatibility issues.

the bike is a 2018 Rocky Mtn Element C50

Crank. Does anyone know if a non boost sram X9 xo xx gxp 39/26 crank would fit? i dont like the gearing on the new boost cranks, old 2x cranks had huge differences in the two. 38/24, 39/26, 40/28 etc. I really want to keep a sram bb in there so i can switch between 2x and my 1x eagle crank. Im setting this up for bikepacking. I was thinking if the small ring was a 24 or 26 maybe it will fit with a non boost crank. Any insight?

Front Der. What sram 10 speed front der would I need. I want to run 2x10 gripshift so I can still have a dropper lever.

Thanks for any help

·
Banned
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Genius or not. After a few minutes of searching. I Indeed know what to mount. But since you were so accomodating. Do the legwork yourself.
Some of us actually have to spend several hours a day riding our bike not googling forums

·
Loud tyres save lives
561 Posts
That's an interesting idea to use grip shift to allow a better position for the dropper lever, are you going to change to a longer brake lever as well or try it with the existing one?

·
Banned
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's an interesting idea to use grip shift to allow a better position for the dropper lever, are you going to change to a longer brake lever as well or try it with the existing one?
I have only ever used xx1 gripshift with XTR brakes. That leaves the issue of the shorter lever. Now I have Level Ultimate brakes and the lever is longer so hoping that it's a natural fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.