Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a rear king hub and I just bought a gusset coversion kit. I was all set to put it together but now I heard that I will destroy my king cassette body. Is this true? How do I use this wheel and not destroy it?

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,657 Posts
Endless or King Cog

Put a King or Endless cog on there... they both have a nice wide base (the Endless is wider and fits better in my experience) that won't jack up the soft alloy splines of your freehub. I have 4 of these cogs, I really like them as some may recall. =)

http://www.endlessbikes.com/products/components.html

JMH

BJF said:
I have a rear king hub and I just bought a gusset coversion kit. I was all set to put it together but now I heard that I will destroy my king cassette body. Is this true? How do I use this wheel and not destroy it?

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
By getting....

...one of these. Cog on the left is a one-off. The one on the right is an Endless. Note, the cog on left did not mar my CK's Al carrier.

The King Kog is another safe option as are the cogs sold by Gene at www.spicercycles.com.

You can get spacers from any LBS - either individually or in a bulk/mixed pack.

Sean

BJF said:

Attachments

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,657 Posts
Soupboy is right

Check this:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=96053

This is a stack of spacers (10 will do it) that I bought specifically for this build, but you can use any old handful... You can really dial the chainline without much effort. Soupboy is right, check the LBS to purchase.

Some folks don't like the look of the spacers, but I think it's cool looking.

JMH

BJF said:
Thanks - what do I use for spacers (obviously new to singlespeed)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.