Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys!
Some help would be greatly appreciated, as this has become a bit of an obsession.....I have a Seven Sola, built with a 73mm eccentric bottom bracket shell, fitted with a Bushnell EBB unit. I am running a Truvativ Noir chainset with GXP external bearings.
I never run this bike singlespeed, and was wondering if anybody made adaptor cups that will effectively replace the Bushnell unit, converting the shell down from it's 2.25" (57.15mm) size to something like a BB30, BB86 or conventional threaded size, with the hope of saving some weight in the process?
I think Niner make cups similar to that for their bikes, but I wasn't sure if it would fit my frame?

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
221 Posts
BB30 is out as it's shell is narrower than your 73mm one (I think). BB86/90/whatever is doable, you just need a sleeve with outside diameter of 2.25", inside diameter of whatever the bearing size is (with a bearing seat of course) and the correct width. Anyone with a lathe could make it up, as long as they have the specs.

Having said that, it occurs to me that if you've got a Bushnell eccentric then there will be no pinch bolts or set screws in your BB shell, therefore there will be no way of securing the new insert unless you use a similar expanding wedge was your Bushnell, which will save you no weight an be quite complex to make. So, unless your frame has pinch bolts or set screws, you're kinda stuck with the Bushnell (unless you get some fitted).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.