Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a rock shox totem that is coil sprung. The spring is too hard (I'm 105lbs) and I would like to convert it to solo air. Is it possib

·
EDR
10,103 Posts
From what I have read in the past the answer is no. It's likely the inside of your tubes are too scratched up to maintain an air seal. Usually people go the other way. Air to coil sprung.

You know they sell several different springs right? You would need the lightest one available, but at 100 pounds that may still be to stiff.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks eatdrinkride I found a couple of old threads on it and some said it worked and some said it didn't. I'm only 15 so I'm sure I can grow into the spring it has now.

·
EDR
10,103 Posts
I'm sure within enough determination and with solid enough parts anything is possible, but I highly doubt it would be worth the effort\money to even try. Anyhow get the lightest spring they have and just grow into that. .
The totem is one sweet fork but its made for the above average rough rider and for some pretty big hits and drops. If you are not yet that type of rider you might consider selling it as is, and replacing it with a more appropriate fork.

Good luck man

1 - 6 of 6 Posts