Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I understand properly, disc brakes themselves are not size-specific; the differences are merely found in the rotors and adapters. Is this correct?

However, when I see brakes advertised, they nearly always reference rotor size, even when the rotors are not included. Why would a rotor size be referenced if any sized rotor could be used with the proper adapter?

Thank you.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The only thing that will limit your rotor size is your fork other than that so long as you have the proper adapter any size rotor will work. Perhaps the situations where you see rotor size mentioned when the rotor isnt included its just because they include the adapter.

·
trail addict
1,866 Posts
trkyshootr said:
However, when I see brakes advertised, they nearly always reference rotor size, even when the rotors are not included. Why would a rotor size be referenced if any sized rotor could be used with the proper adapter?
Probably referencing what size adapter is included... If it was JUST a caliper (and/or lever) and nothing else, size is irrelevant.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.