Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
cannondale rider
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to turn my F3000 into a cross bike for this comming cross season. Right now it has a left fork, but I want to replace it with a rigid fork. Is it possible to put 700c road wheels on the bike as well with cyclocross tires? I also want to run disc brakes as well so I need to get disc compatible wheels as well. Has anyone else done or tried this?

·
Super Moderator
6,787 Posts
It's possible, running 700c wheels. However, you cannot run rim brakes anymore(disc brakes only). But, the tires gotta be either 1.0" or 1.5" wide, tops. It's a real close, tight setup that should work well.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Zachariah said:
It's possible, running 700c wheels. However, you cannot run rim brakes anymore(disc brakes only). But, the tires gotta be either 1.0" or 1.5" wide, tops. It's a real close, tight setup that should work well.
Possible on newer frames.....but i doubt 700c's would fit my 01' F600 becouse its got different rear seat stay, (U-shaped at the top)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.