Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks mostly to the info on this forum, I converted my mountain bike to a single speed commuter. Wanted to get some pictures up for you all to see.

Frame: Dean Private
Fork: Kona P2
Cockpit: Easton
Seat: Serfas
Headset: King
Cranks & BB: Truvativ
Brakes: Arch Rivals / SD 7
Wheels: Sun Rhyno Lite / XTR
Tires: Scwalbe Big Apple
Gearing: 44:18

Gonna be used mostly for riding to school and back. Rides well on the pavement but can also jump the occasional curb or stairs. Next up is a fixie road bike for those long lakefront rides.

Attachments

·
WAWE
1,437 Posts
single77 said:
Thanks mostly to the info on this forum, I converted my mountain bike to a single speed commuter. Wanted to get some pictures up for you all to see.

Nice stealth job!

Here's mine... with EBB by Vulture.... <SPAM> frame & some parts are still for sale </SPAM> ....

https://marketplace.consumerreview.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.pl?db=MtbReview&website=MtbReview&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=75110&query=retrieval

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
nice!

how do you like the big apples? 2.0 or 2.35's?

single77 said:

Fork: Kona P2
Cockpit: Easton
Seat: Serfas
Headset: King
Cranks & BB: Truvativ
Brakes: Arch Rivals / SD 7
Wheels: Sun Rhyno Lite / XTR
Tires: Scwalbe Big Apple
Gearing: 44:18

Gonna be used mostly for riding to school and back. Rides well on the pavement but can also jump the occasional curb or stairs. Next up is a fixie road bike for those long lakefront rides.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks

Thanks everyone. I gotta say how much fun it is to ride. It's like a big BMX bike.
I picked up a lock that weighs about as much as the bike but I still feel quilty anytime she's out of my site.

@logbiter - Those are the 2.0 and I like 'em a lot. I was thinking about the 2.3s but they wouldn't fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.