Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've sorted out most of my wheelbuild for this summer, though it looks like the snows may finally come visit us before I get to ride it. Sure hope so, anyway...

I'm building up a light AM/heavy XC wheelset. Using a king rear hub, Stan's arch rims, some decent spokes, etc. While I am still riding a qr fork (float 130 RLC), it doesn't seem to make sense to spring for a long term front hub like the king if it has no convertable capacity. I'd imagine the next fork I buy will be thru-axle, so a couple of years from now my hub will go obsolete.

Is the Pro II front hub going to last like the king? I figure it's a more simple component, so maybe? Supposedly I9's hub is convertable, but I can't find any info other than complete wheelsets on their site. Anywhere else to look?

Also, the lame question I have to ask... Is the anodizing on any of the hope or I9 hubs similar to the King's in a color matching sense :)

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
the Pro 2 front is a first class hub. Very light, reliable and smooth. Even if it did pack in, the bearings are cheap and easily replaced. The 20mm conversion is a bonus as well and is also the reason I'm running two of them. I swap wheels between bikes, one of which is 20mm the other QR. Can't fault it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.