Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a Trek Roscoe 7 for my wife to start mountain biking with. The Judy Silver that comes on this bike is the coil version. Would it be possible to convert it to solo air with this https://www.ebay.com/itm/RockShox-S...596609&hash=item5d8b754c40:g:MS8AAOSwThVc5NcC

Would there be any other parts needed? Seems like it could be an easy way to upgrade the Judy without dropping a lot of money on a different fork.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the exact same bike -- love it! -- but need a stiffer spring. I tried to find the part online, and it's nowhere. My LBS called SRAM, which said the replacement springs for this fork have been discontinued. Weak move by SRAM, as this is a 2019 bike that was specced specifically with this fork!

Anyways, I'm also keenly interested in replacing my coil spring with a Solo Air cartridge from a Judy Silver TK. The legs, stanchions, crown and everything visible on these two forks appear identical. I know there must be differences in the internals, but man, it would be cool if we could just pop in a Solo Air cartridge and a few parts to upgrade to air.

Any knowledge is appreciated! Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.