Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a set of inexpensive 29er geared wheels for my SS and they have Deore M525 hubs. Can I easily replace the rear QR axle with a solid axle? Is there anything I should be concerned with other than redishing the wheel?

Thanks!
AC

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
anthony_coley said:
Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a set of inexpensive 29er geared wheels for my SS and they have Deore M525 hubs. Can I easily replace the rear QR axle with a solid axle? Is there anything I should be concerned with other than redishing the wheel?

Thanks!
AC
I have taken my Deore hubs apart several times. I am unable to foresee any problems that could arise as a result of the action that you suggest. You just need to make sure that the new axle has the correct dimensions including length, diameter, and thread, so that you can thread the cones and other hardware on. Deore axles are weak as **** in my experience, so a solid axle may be a good idea.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.