Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought the khs solo on se 29er frame with the rear slider as in the pic.
please advise if there is a " converter " for adding a deraileur hanger on that rear slider , so i can swich also to a " geary " frame if i fail to enjoy the ss set-up .
thanks

Attachments

·
anyone else smell that?
2,314 Posts
here is an option for you:

https://vassagocycles.com/hardware.html

other places carry these as well, but i can't recall who at the moment.

vassago also carries this:

which might be helpful as well since you may need the cable guide.

**note** i've not done this.....just delved into it because i was looking at a couple of sliding dropout frames and didn't really want to run singlespeed until i get a bit stronger.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ammmm

thanks for the post , but now i'm confused
i thought ( and maybe i'm wrong ) that the hanger will come from the inside , where it should be " smooth" , so i will just " plug" it to the groove in the frame and screw the bolts from the outside .
do u think it is not possible with the Vassago solution ( much much cheaper )
thanks

·
Banned
449 Posts
Well... If you look here, it appears that the Vassago is meant to be placed on the outside:

You might be able to put it inside but I suspect that if you place the same way as in the Vassago picture, but inside the dropout, it will alter the width of the dropout which is probably not a great thing to do.

But maybe the one for the Optimus will work?
https://vassagocycles.com/hardware.html (scroll to the bottom).

This is not an "official" solution no matter what, so it's likely that nothing is going to be exactly right.

·
Registered
391 Posts
You can also get a Shimano Hone Derailleur and hub to add gears. I did it on my Monocog and it worked great. Unfortunately it reminded me why I had a Monocog in the first place. I just don't like derailleurs.

·
HMFIC
370 Posts
As slowride pointed out, they look awfully similar to the Paragon sliders. I have a spare slider here and could measure the key dimensions of the dropout if you have a caliper or micrometer to measure the one on your bike for comparison.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mesuring

thamks all , for trying to help
SBK- i do not have a caliber . but i will be in the shop on Tuesday and can measure there .
please measure your part and i will use it while in the shop /

the last pic that i added is drom 3D BIKES from CO . i wrote them but no reply yet .

·
HMFIC
370 Posts
Here are the dimensions of the dropout/slider interface, they are really close to hole millimeter numbers. I'm going to assume that's not a coincidence and show them as whole numbers:

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
which slider ?

thnks sbk
which slider are you refering too ?
you mentioned a sprae one that you have
if u have a link to where i can buy this , please post
thant you

·
HMFIC
370 Posts
Those are the interface dimensions for the spare Paragon Machine Works dropout I have here at the house. My spare slider is for a singlespeed, like yours, but the interface dimensions are the same.

It doesn't look like they have it listed in the updated version of their website yet, so you will need to call Paragon Machine Works and handle it over the telephone. Just ask for a spare sliding dropout insert with derailleur hanger. They'll know what you're asking about.

Paragon Machine Works
Phone: (510) 232-3223

·
Expert Crasher
6,359 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.