Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Other Dude
3,080 Posts
awesome wheelset! I am running the Purgatory front and Fast track rear on my single speed tubeless with no issues. And on my geared stumpy i am running the captain up front and the fast trak in the rear also tubeless. The specialized tires have been very good to me.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jut8,
Thanks. Are you running the 2Bliss series, Puragatory and FT with Specialized Airlock sealant or using Stans? Did you need a rimstrip with the Control El ? Everyone seems to mean something different when they say," tubeless ready," or "tubeless compatible." LBS is a bunch of roadies that really know nothing about the MTB world.

·
The Other Dude
3,080 Posts
I am using stans on both them. The Control Series tires I am running are Tubeless Ready meaning all you need to do is all sealant and they are good to go. Specialized is doing a "GRID" series on their tires that does not require sealant to be ran tubeless. But i like the setup i have.

Your rovals should be have the Blue tubeless tape already installed, and all you should need is the valve stems. I have found that 1.5-2 scoops of stands, and some soapy water around the bead of the tire makes them snap right into place and seal up.

I did use the Airlock sealant once, and it worked ok, but since then they have come out with a new airlock formula that is supposed to work better, i haven tried it yet, the new cafe latex stuff is supposed to be good also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.