Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I won't be going anywhere for a while.

Introducing, the 2011 Factory Team Special Limited Edition Fully Custom Prototype XXXXXXXXXXL Highline...

As you can see, this thing is a poser's wet dream. It's been raining a lot round here, but was able to take this pig out on a couple very short rides. And let me tell you...

TSCHEEZUS WAS RIGHT.... this bike climbs better than a scalded billy goat in an elevator.

I'm curious how many hours DT spent trying to figure out how to cram a front derailleur into this design? I'll bet a lot. Only thing I would change(thus far) is move the chainstay brake line guide to the underside of the seatstay, to match the shift routing on the other side.

I am very much looking forward to hurling my carcass off some stuff aboard this beauty.

·
Registered
957 Posts
congrats on the bike! How is the clearance of the mission control floodgate knob with the zero-stack headset?

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
Wow, looks really good DB! :thumbsup: I'll be curious to get your thoughts on the CCDB as I'm picking up a used one for my rig (thanks AW!),

Also, I noticed you were riding it in some pretty harsh environs.....perfectly suited for the HL's beefy build, no doubt. How many silicone injected actresses did you need to bunny hop on the way to the beach?? :eekster: :) :)

One thing that truly baffles me that maybe you can help me out with. How did you manage to build an entire bike up without asking what cranks, fork, stem, brakes, shifters, shock, hubs or tires should go on it? :confused: :confused:

Cheers,
EB

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Schwing!

Hey Dusty is that really bigger than XL?
How about a spec list?

·
the refurbished one
723 Posts
nice looking ride. i like the color choice. congrats.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bikezilla said:
Schwing!

Hey Dusty is that really bigger than XL?
How about a spec list?
Standard XL... 20" ST.

As for spec, I think a guy like yourself could name every part on that bike from the pix.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Dusty Bottoms said:
Plenty of clearance (aka 2-3mm)
Thanks... I had measured mine w/ a FSA Orbit Xtreme headset and it looked too close for comfort with the Floodgate knob fully extended. :thumbsup:

·
Outcast
8,589 Posts
Nice bike Dusty! Now get yourself a gravity dropper to top off your new xc rig.
Hey, you even have the homer approved big betty tires. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts