Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new tire coming out from continental, supposed to weigh 450 g in 2.1 version.
2.2 and 2.4 versions coming out also in the end off may.
Oh yeah....Black Chili compound.

The pic. is from Irina Kalentieva's blog, its her bike aswell.
Pic is taken at the Houffalize worlcup.
Looks like a in between from a Raceking and Speedking, mud tire ?
Anybody got some more info ?

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
48,238 Posts
Dex11 said:
A new tire coming out from continental, supposed to weigh 450 g in 2.1 version.
2.2 and 2.4 versions coming out also in the end off may.
Oh yeah....Black Chili compound.

The pic. is from Irina Kalentieva's blog, its her bike aswell.
Pic is taken at the Houffalize worlcup.
Looks like a in between from a Raceking and Speedking, mud tire ?
Anybody got some more info ?

Positioned between the Mountain King and Race King in various versions. Mid/late June for the US at the earliest.
 

·
Did I catch a niner+?
Joined
·
2,957 Posts
Doesn't look like Conti's usual MO the knobs look rather standard and are not jutting out in all crazy directions looking like sharp glass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shiggy, you know some more about the claimed weights ?
I could only find it for a 2.1

madskatingcow...Did you take any pics ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great pics ! thx....:thumbsup:

Just like you said, that 2.4 doesn't look that big compared to a 2.2 Raceking.
Looks like a really interesting tire to me, wonder what sizes and versions are coming out.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
48,238 Posts
Dex11 said:
Great pics ! thx....:thumbsup:

Just like you said, that 2.4 doesn't look that big compared to a 2.2 Raceking.
Looks like a really interesting tire to me, wonder what sizes and versions are coming out.
Remember that Conti's nominal width is based on the widest point of the tire, be it tread (MK) or casing (RK).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thx for that, didn't know that ! :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,066 Posts
I have only seen/touched this tire. Looks like a good tire for those of us that need something that is fast....but still handles the loose terrain well. Those of us on the team here in the USA are supposed to start seeing this tire in late May. Right now, I am on the Mountain King 2.2 most of the time for my training and racing here in Colorado. Other members in the USA are running the Race King 2.2 in back and the Mountain King 2.2 up front.

Look forward to setting these up tubeless with Stan's!

I'll keep folks posted as these new tires start arriving at my door step.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,085 Posts
shiggy said:
Positioned between the Mountain King and Race King in various versions.
Sounds perfect. Love the speed of the RK and grip of the MK, so a tire that struck a nice balance between the two would be great for courses with mixed conditions. :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,330 Posts
IF this tyre is Rubber Queen / Trail Queen size in 2.4 form or very nearly then the tread pattern looks better to me, well faster rolling anyway then I WANT 1 :)

Looks to make a good rear tyre for when the RK starts to struggle to.
 
1 - 20 of 110 Posts
Top