Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've searched and searched the forum and I've read that the Trail King 2.4's seem on the narrow side for a 2.4, and then I've also read that they are more on the narrow side. Which is it? Maybe I'm reading older threads regarding an older version of the tire?

Reason I'm asking is because I've got 2.35 Nevegals right now and anything wider will not fit in my frame. So if the Trail king 2.4's are undersized, I would go with it. But if they are oversized I'm wondering if the 2.2's would be more comparable in size. Can anyone clear that up for me?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I run a 2.20" Conti Trail King on the front and while I might not call it oversized, it seems to be as advertised. It measures a full .100" wider than the 2.20" Kenda Karma Pro I have on the rear.

The Conti TK has been great, looking to buy one for the front, probably 2.4 and rotate the 2.2 to the back.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
The 2.2 TK tread is very narrow though[ nactaully the same width as the MK 2 2.2 tread].On a Crest the 27.5 version is only about 53 mm. From memory the casing is only about 56mm wide. Very tall for a 2.2 though,close to a HD 2.35.
From memory the 2.4 26" version tread was about 58mm wide and the casing about 60mm.Very tall though, nearly 5mm taller than a HD 2.35.

Don't discount it's ability on such a narrow tread though. It has a good solid edge that bites early

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.