Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to fit a Continental MK II 27.5 2.2 on a 26er fork and frame, though I already checked both X-king 2.2 and Race King 2.2, both front and rear, and they fit just fine which is incredible. I know they are barely 2.1 width but that's fine by me. Fork is Manitou r7 Pro 2014 and the frame is Corratec Revolution, rim internal is 19mm and rim height is also ~19mm. I just need someone with Mountain King 2.2 to confirm the tire height when inflated to 25~30 psi. The front tire is the plan, tho. Just for the reference, I tried fitting Maxxis Ikon 2.2 on r7 and there was so little space left I decided not to go with it (around 1-2mm, not safe), but race king fits perfect. lol

I currently run Maxxis Pace 27.5 1.95 f/r which is a very low profile tire and it looks as if the whole setup is made for 27.5 wheels but I just can't stand those tires anymore, every time when there's some rocks and loose ground its no fun.

M.

·
Registered
12,537 Posts
I've got one mounted on an Atomik carbon rim which had internal width of 25mm.
I'll go measure, but it's a pretty low profile tire.

Be right back.

Edit: I see you already found the official answer, but I measured about 50mm from the edge of the rim to the top of a halfway worn knob.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Spectre! Very very informative review. My goal is to run Maxxis but can't find the tread and volume which will fit nice and clean other then the current setup and that's for super dry conditions only, for me at least. I will post a pic how it looks atm.

Anyway I think I'll go with MK 2.2 for the front at least.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts