Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
troubled economist
591 Posts
woodyak said:
Sinister recently put one out. I've always been a big fan of how HL bikes ride.
(??? Which Sinister would that be? Certainly not the F-Bomb and the R9 is not a HL... maybe I missed one of theirs...)

To the OP, Azonic still sells some HL-licensed frames.

·
Off the back...
2,304 Posts
Norco as well...

I think that Specialized's patent only extends to the US [maybe]. I know they sued Giant over a frame design way back when, but I haven't heard of anyone else getting sued recently. I'm amazed they haven't gone after Chumba.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
toowacky said:
(??? Which Sinister would that be? Certainly not the F-Bomb and the R9 is not a HL... maybe I missed one of theirs...)

To the OP, Azonic still sells some HL-licensed frames.
They just put one out called the "Shenanigan". It's a 6x6 bike like the GRUITR. A couple of my buddy's have them.

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
pinkrobe said:
Norco as well...

I think that Specialized's patent only extends to the US [maybe]. I know they sued Giant over a frame design way back when, but I haven't heard of anyone else getting sued recently. I'm amazed they haven't gone after Chumba.
It's US only...which is why many of the Euro bike companies use it over the pond. Scott uses (or used) it in Europe but not in the US for instance. Chumba, Titus, Norco, KHS all license it from Specialized in the US

·
troubled economist
591 Posts
woodyak said:
They just put one out called the "Shenanigan". It's a 6x6 bike like the GRUITR. A couple of my buddy's have them.
Very cool, thanks for the info, that one definitely slipped by me... *roughly* shares some KHS Velvet/Devinci Wilson, etc., cues in the 4 bar linkage... swing link. Nice!

Found this thread w/ pics of one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.