Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
17,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sports uniform Outerwear Sports jersey Jersey Product

…inasmuch as it’s sure to become a collector’s item soon. The company in question’s MTBR manufacturer’s forum has had four — yeah, just 4 — thread posts in the past year. {yawn}

If DJ were here, he’d be up in arms, spamming the whole site and demanding the Ellsworth forum be scrapped.

I wouldn’t blame him.

Ells- who?

=sParty

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
In the really old days of mtbr, I read all the bike reviews, and the Ellsworth Truth was one of the top-reviewed bikes on there (Santa Cruz Heckler was up there, too). I liked the old Ellsworth logo script, too.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
What will happen if you buy that jersey:
1. Jersey will arrive late and with a hole, you will send it back and they will start by telling you you opened the package wrong and will not refund your money.
2. you threaten with credit card refund and company sends you new jersey, claim that through finite analysis the new jersey is way better, will fit better, cover your nipples 30% better than the competition, and will make you 10% more attractive.
3. First time out your jersey tears
4. company claims the hole is a feature of the design and refuses to return your money refuses to accept return
5. company states you wore the jersey wrong, "it's meant to be worn while seated at exactly a 50 degree angle, you have a dropper on your bike which varies the angle, no warranty."
6. Tony Ellsworth contacts you personally to tell you that you are ugly and dumb because your jersey has a hole in it
7. Tony Ellsworth files restraining order against you
8. The jersey still has a hole in it
9. Random south african company buys company and informs you that your jersey (now in trash for last 5 years) is no longer covered under warranty.

·
Registered
577 Posts
What will happen if you buy that jersey:
1. Jersey will arrive late and with a hole, you will send it back and they will start by telling you you opened the package wrong and will not refund your money.
2. you threaten with credit card refund and company sends you new jersey, claim that through finite analysis the new jersey is way better, will fit better, cover your nipples 30% better than the competition, and will make you 10% more attractive.
3. First time out your jersey tears
4. company claims the hole is a feature of the design and refuses to return your money refuses to accept return
5. company states you wore the jersey wrong, "it's meant to be worn while seated at exactly a 50 degree angle, you have a dropper on your bike which varies the angle, no warranty."
6. Tony Ellsworth contacts you personally to tell you that you are ugly and dumb because your jersey has a hole in it
7. Tony Ellsworth files restraining order against you
8. The jersey still has a hole in it
9. Random south african company buys company and informs you that your jersey (now in trash for last 5 years) is no longer covered under warranty.
Show us on the doll where Ellsworth touched you. :cool: Sounds like you've been through their service algorithm.

·
All fat, all the time.
11,120 Posts
View attachment 1950679
…inasmuch as it’s sure to become a collector’s item soon. The company in question’s MTBR manufacturer’s forum has had four — yeah, just 4 — thread posts in the past year. {yawn}

If DJ were here, he’d be up in arms, spamming the whole site and demanding the Ellsworth forum be scrapped.

I wouldn’t blame him.

Ells- who?

=sParty
Depends if the Jersey will help you park better, especially if wearing a hat.
Better ask DJ!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
17,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Aaahhh…the days of Ellsworth entertainment, and Turner Homer domination…
Those were the days. I had a Turner Sultan, my bestie riding buddy had an Ellsworth Truth.

Then he got a Santa Cruz Solo (before they had to change the name to 5010) and later I got a GG Trail Pistol.

Later yet my buddy was standing in his driveway watching boys be boys when he was struck and killed by one of the teenagers drag racing on the country lane in front of his home. One car swerved to miss the lady at her mailbox, hit the other car and sent it into my buddy’s yard.

Sorry, I got a little off track there. Anyway my point is with bikes as it is with life, we accept the good with the bad. What choice do we have.

This too shall pass.
=sParty

EDIT: Whoa! Just circled back and read what I wrote. Sorry to get so deep. I'm going for a bike ride...

·
Cycologist
16,865 Posts

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
17,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Premium Member
8,702 Posts
The now deceased head of Tucson mountain biking club SAMBA had Ellsworths and knew the owner. I had a Turner Burner and sure liked it better. We scattered his ashes on Gooseberry Mesa.
Bad joke, but he may be the only Ellsworth rider whose bikes outlasted him.

Reactions: Radium
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.